+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's happened to the Aberdeen housing

What's happened to the Aberdeen housing

We bought a home in Sunnybank road 14 years ago beside Aberdeen uni for rental purposes bought for £143k spent 20k doing it up last year decided that city centre living wasn't really for us got it valued 2 weeks ago that came back at £129 unbelievable.

I think Aberdeen city cooncil allow the builders to build too many homes especially at this time there's not enough customers buying .

But people are struggling to sell privately so they buy a new one at inflated prices the builder gives them valuation of their flat they then sell it on at a reduced price for around £20k or more pushing the prices down on your street .

Rule of thumb is build 3 homes one is free after taking off all costs .

Aberdeen will get like southern Spain when many properties got handed back leaving the keys with the banks then they came back to the UK .
    Was a struggle to sell and many properties became redundant.

Here's our property we move out to pastures new on Oct 11th.

http://gavin-bain.co.uk/property/4-sunnybank-road

Let's face it, the property prices in Aberdeen were ridiculous.

Flattening out takes a long time, I blame veganism.

Where are you off to min, Spain o Scotland?

Property prices are dropping everywhere.

I used to ask who was buying all the new houses even during the pre-recession years. I moved in 1988 (we played Falkirk at Pittodrie in the afternoon) to the place I still bide in, having had no desire or reason to move.

Developers and builders are business people and only build because the demand is there.

The biggest scam I'm aware of is capitalists renting out former cooncil hooses they bought cheaply from owners who had benefited from Thatcher's scam of selling at crazy discounts something that wisna hers to sell, the murderous pish-stinking deid auld rat-bag.

Lack of publicly-owned housing stock has forced people into the buying market, or into private landlord rentals at eye-watering rents.

Good old petty bourgeoisie capitalism.

A nation of estate agents, as Adam Smith almost said.

I blame Dragon's Den. And that Tory bstd mentioned previously.

The prices of plots of land surprised me. Can't be much in it if you want to build your own versus buying. There's a couple of lovely plots just outside Kintore that I had my eye on but the figures just didn't add up.

It's too yellow, Buc. That must be depressing the price.

Peoples views on property are always strangely contrary to everything else.

It must be the only marketplace where people celebrate price rises & moan about price reductions.

Negative equity would be a c’unt to get caught in but outside of that a decent fall in house prices would benefit everyone - not least youngsters trying to get started.

If the price of my place goes down, the price of the place I’m buying will likely do the same so no real loss there.

That said, I’ve been in my house for 15 years & have no wish or desire to move. I’ve spent my money on an extension & doing up the kitchen etc instead of moving.

Far better than moving & giving wee Jimmy Krankie & her pals another chunk of my dosh for free in stamp duty for them to pish away...

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    It's too yellow, Buc. That must be depressing the price.
    Nah mate it's always been Sues favourite colour. I just let her please herself.

We sold in just a tad less than half a day with the phone call as soon as it was put on the internet she came round soon after put a noted interest in .
    Took her sister to see it 3 days later then boom the offer was accepted.

I think that lass has got an amazing deal .
    But YES you need to like yellow I suppose . Was built in 1890 by a woman who owned pittodrie house she bought the land and built the house for £2000???
    The wooden fire surround in the living room that was from a house built the same year we spent a lot of money on that alone as we tried to bring the house back to that era that's why we done the bathroom from that era too but obviously not the real McCoy.
    Even the wallpaper in the bedroom and living room we tried to do that from the same era I think it's called William Morris from that painter and decorator shop in Rosemount..
    We have tried with some degree of success.
    It's been an interesting project . Was going to stick out an outdoor toilet an wash hand basin but never got round to it.
    Pastures new on its way looking forward to using my tradesman skills again .

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    Peoples views on property are always strangely contrary to everything else.

It must be the only marketplace where people celebrate price rises & moan about price reductions.

Negative equity would be a c’unt to get caught in but outside of that a decent fall in house prices would benefit everyone - not least youngsters trying to get started.

If the price of my place goes down, the price of the place I’m buying will likely do the same so no real loss there.

That said, I’ve been in my house for 15 years & have no wish or desire to move. I’ve spent my money on an extension & doing up the kitchen etc instead of moving.

Far better than moving & giving wee Jimmy Krankie & her pals another chunk of my dosh for free in stamp duty for them to pish away...
    Don't know (Jimmy Krankie??) I suppose you mean Nicola has anything to do with us speaking about house prices when MOST of YOUR taxes goes to Westminster for example huge taxes on petrol diesel cigarettes even vat on hot takeaways have you moaned about that as well.
    Remember vat used to be 17% then rose to a mind boggling 20% .

Ouch

Quote Originally Posted by Disco Buc View Post
    Remember vat used to be 17% then rose to a mind boggling 20%
    Auld ****s like me can remember when it was 8% (12.5% on 'luxury goods') both rates raised to 15% by Thatcher's Chancellor Howe in his first Budget (1979). During the campaign (I was in South Ayrshire trying vainly to defend Jim Sillars from George Foulkes), a prediction from Denis Healey that the Tories would double VAT was denied by the blue *******s. Two months after the votes were counted...

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Auld ****s like me can remember when it was 8% (12.5% on 'luxury goods') both rates raised to 15% by Thatcher's Chancellor Howe in his first Budget (1979). During the campaign (I was in South Ayrshire trying vainly to defend Jim Sillars from George Foulkes), a prediction from Denis Healey that the Tories would double VAT was denied by the blue *******s. Two months after the votes were counted...
    Just replied to my own post goodness I'm getting worse.

Aye Vintage I remember all that very very well people in Scotland at the time really weren't happy with that rise .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast