+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bilic

Quote Originally Posted by goodlordmurphy View Post
    Whicka my post to Dubbag was in reply to giving managers/coaches a chance, I wasn't advocating that Shan be manager/coach at this time. I will give Bilic the same time as most people gave Shan which was maybe a couple of games, even though he had stopped the rot of Darren Moore's creation. Once again I reiterate that I am firmly a Nigel Pearson/Craig Shakespeare combination as the best possible management team for West Brom. It just got up my nose that posters were willing to give Bilic a chance and not one of our own in a much more serious situation. The reply to Dubbag got knocked right out of context with the diatribe from Baggieal, a big mistake by me to answer it.
    I supported Shan as I did with Moore. I didn't support Pulis. But we had to cut loose for the long term good of the club. Just my opinion though. I was sick of the old pals act when selecting players and giving contracts out. I think the club made a good statement by letting Morrison go.
    Early days but I don't think Bilic will suffer fools. He will have my support up to the point I don't like what I'm seeing. I hope that time never comes.

Quote Originally Posted by Whicka_Mon View Post
    I supported Shan as I did with Moore. I didn't support Pulis. But we had to cut loose for the long term good of the club. Just my opinion though. I was sick of the old pals act when selecting players and giving contracts out. I think the club made a good statement by letting Morrison go.
    Early days but I don't think Bilic will suffer fools. He will have my support up to the point I don't like what I'm seeing. I hope that time never comes.

Would agree with this Whicka. I supported Pulis almost until the end though when it was clear
    ( Huddersfield away ) he wanted out with a pay off. I did not agree with Shan being appointed as my view was someone should have been better than whoever is sacked. Shan did a OK job but his eyes were the same as DM - still old pals act and setting up to park the bus at Vile was plain stupid!

Morrison has been a good servant but all this about saying farewell blah blah to a legend FFS. He’s been paid well and mostly sat in the injury room for the last two years. Legends are Astle, Cunningham, Regis to name but a few and Morrison can not be considered in the same breathe.

Bilic will be ruthless and he’s got a mountain to climb with almost a new team and the worry of where the goals will come from. He has my support though and for once, I am positive.

Bilic can not turn things around overnight though so we need to get behind him!

I would start Bond on Saturday!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    ..........Shan did a OK job but his eyes were the same as DM - still old pals act and setting up to park the bus at Vile was plain stupid!...........
    Shan was the last man standing. He stepped up to the plate, showed some balls and took responsibility when those above him may as well have pickled theirs in a jar for safe keeping. A decent man and a good young coach deserving of some respect. As for the Vile away we looked tight but ultimately surrendered too much space.

I think an ageing squad, absentees and humidity caught up with us. Given the circumstances although unadventurous the tactics weren't stupid and were working against a Villa side which looked largely clueless and toothless in the final third. The only stupidity on display that day was in giving Hourihane the freedom of Villa Park, a rash challenge which encouraged a dragged foot collapse to the ground from an admittedly skillful fairy and an over indulgent, picky ref'.

I have said before when we get Hegazi back, have him alongside Bartley and move Ajayi into defensive midfield, freeing up Sawyers to a more advanced attacking midfield role. Some of the goals this lad has scored for Walsall and Brentford from in and around the box were brilliant strikes and I think would be the answer to where a lot of goals could come from.

Quote Originally Posted by Joy_Division View Post
    I have said before when we get Hegazi back, have him alongside Bartley and move Ajayi into defensive midfield, freeing up Sawyers to a more advanced attacking midfield role. Some of the goals this lad has scored for Walsall and Brentford from in and around the box were brilliant strikes and I think would be the answer to where a lot of goals could come from.
    I don’t see how you can think he’s the answer to getting goals from midfield?

22 goals in 271 games!!?

16 of those for Walsall in League One!

6 goals in 127 games in 3 seasons at Brentford.....a goal every 21 games!

A strike rate of a goal every 12+ matches and 2 per season over the last 3 years and just 22 goals in 10 years as a pro!

Sawyers is a very nice player and I like him but he’s not solving this goals issue.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)