+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Not Often I Leave A Game Early

Charlton at ooam and Birmingham away will be good benchmarks Pass.

Burrit wo sh1te last neet It really wo sh1te.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 14-08-2019 at 05:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DOOALI View Post
    No statement from stendel with his opion is he still in shock after that disastrous display
    Daniel Stendel insists the Reds must forget about Tuesday evening’s defeat to Carlisle United and focus on this weekend’s clash with Charlton Athletic.

Barnsley exited the Carabao Cup at the first hurdle after being humbled 3-0 by the Cumbrians at Oakwell, but attention now turns to Sky Bet Championship matters and the visit of Lee Bowyer’s Addicks, who also won promotion from League One last season.

“No one expected this performance and, in the end, Carlisle deserved to win 3-0; it’s hard for us to take,” admitted Stendel. “I don’t think it’s the worst we’ve seen, at the moment it’s very difficult to explain why we showed this performance. We tried, but it just didn’t happen.

“Nine days ago we won against Fulham. We’re the same players and the same team, and we’ll try again on Saturday against Charlton.We can be confident after the Fulham game but we can’t forget the reason why we won this game – we played well, it was a good fight and a team performance.

“This is the way for Barnsley and we will have enough chances to win games in the Championship, I just hope we can show it on Saturday.

“I think the quality of the players was good enough to win this game against Carlisle but the quality from the team was not good enough. We missed a lot of chances.”

Stendel praised the performance of Brad Collins, who made a number of fine saves to keep Carlisle at bay – including a stunning reflex stop to tip Ryan Loft’s effort over the bar.

The summer arrival from Chelsea made his Reds’ debut on Tuesday night and certainly impressed his new Head Coach.

“Especially in the first half – he made some amazing saves,” asserted Stendel. “His performance was very good, and I said that we don’t have a number two goalkeeper – we have two number ones.”

You can watch Daniel’s full post-match press conference on iFollow Barnsley.

Sublime to the ridiculous in 2 weeks , credit to Carlisle though , it'sj just typically arr way , I'm not too down about Iit , Carlisle arr a club I like , they also have a good record against us , i wasn't too upset at last nights result , we got wat we deserved in the end , good luck to the Cumbrians , , a spent a fottnitt travelling up theer wun neet no motorways , a good club and fans too , iwish them well

Aye o'reyt.

Thazza job on theear Daniel wi the hand Hoss and Spud ez dealt thi.

(response to Press Conference)

I get the feeling DS is on his way out , doesn't appear to be his usual self , maybe he realises this job he has ? He cannot achieve his ambition here now ?

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    I get the feeling DS is on his way out , doesn't appear to be his usual self , maybe he realises this job he has ? He cannot achieve his ambition here now ?
    Hey come on Roma kid, lets not go talking about 'Stendel out' eh at this early stage lol.
    Hes got his work cut out this season though hasnt he, and I think we all know that its a near impossible job for us to stay up this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Hey come on Roma kid, lets not go talking about 'Stendel out' eh at this early stage lol.

Hes got his work cut out this season though hasnt he, and I think we all know that its a near impossible job for us to stay up this season.
    I've got to agree Acido but this spreadsheet AKA we the owners will keep on pillocking the supporters and filling our wallets has definitely got to stop what's the point of getting promoted and not wanting to at least give us a chance of if not bettering ourselves in championship.Its the same season after season get £6-7 million from championship and sell any decent players then get relegated and then start all over again doing exactly the same,we the supporters deserve respect without us the club is nothing only trouble is the owners wouldn't care a FK

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    I think near on impossible to stay up is a remarkable statement on August 15th and 44 games to go even by your standards .

We could quite conceivably have 10 points on the board by the end of the month looking at the fixtures .

I walk out early quite regular. I've walked out with the score being 0-0 at half-time. If it's boring to watch or we're playing sh1te I walk out.

I walked out most under Johnson and Hecky. Under Stendel I haven't walked out as early. Mostly during tight games when I can't bare to watch.

I didn't attend the Carlisle debacle. However, going off my only previous live viewing against Fulham I'm looking forward to the Charlton match this saturday.

I don't think you can make any bold statements after two matches. On what I saw against Fulham we're far from relegation fodder. I must admit I'm concerned about the midfield. The squad isn't looking too balanced at the moment. Step forward Styles, Bird and Mcgeehan.

I'd take the captaincy off Bahre too. The captain needs to be a talker and one of your most consistent performers.

Stop chopping n changing teeum would help ,( injuries apart) no excuse fo that performance tutha neet, play same as in Fulham game , it's obvious them that wa genn a chance tuesday arnt up to it just yit ,

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast