+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Shrewsbury Town Post Match Thoughts

I wonder how Barnsley fans feel about this competition?

A 3-0 defeat at home

Bring on the pigs 😀

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Bring on the pigs 😀
    Wonder how many won't be bothered about this tie?

We were ****

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Bring on the pigs ��
    �� club will be happy with that

Important win. New team with such promising mix of signings that even I chose is for league 1 in works sweep! But even good teams can be undone by poor results run early in which challenges the manager and fans as well as the players. Hope that this reinforces that we have players that can do the job and with the right blend and formation as Warne adjusts then, we can get the confidence that makes a challenging team.

Pleased Magic scored. Only just over a year ago he led us out of this league. Still has an important role to play as far as I'm concerned.

Up the Millers!

Not been, credit to the ones that made the journey into Shropshire.
    Had to rely on Radio Sheffield and excellent comms from Ronnie Moore.
    Winning result never in doubt or the clean sheet, didn’t expect to score 4 by playing three up front first half...😀
    Should do confidence a world of good for a much tougher game at Burton Albion

Just a thought on formation... I don't think that a purist "Magic Roundabout" 4-3-3 makes the best of our forwards' attributes. A more effective compromise would be keep Smithy in the middle where he is most effective and allow the more flexible Vassell and Freddie to keep swapping positions, if that is what Warney desires. The two "Smith nods cross down for Freddie to score" goals so far look like a good route for us to put the ball in the opposition net, and if we can get the same crosses from the other wing Vassell will be able to do the same

Great result the exact confidence booster we needed after a frustrating Saturday! Well done

Just got in and we have had a reaction.

The "attitude" was right tonight! I was out of my mind after Saturday as many were and I was always someone who said if you haven’t got anything good to say - shut yer gob!

Well I got older and I now think that without making a rather large point - a great big screaming complaint about Saturdays "attitude" things wouldn't change.....

If we had tonight's attitude we'd have strolled past Lincoln and the "attitude" is the managers main job.

Tonight we out played them - passing and movement AND WE SHOT. Every player played well with zero black marks. Only one chance for Shrewsbury was a trademark Wood being turned and chasing his player into the box - we were lucky not to concede then. But that was it.

Comfortable - but comfortable because we wanted it more and played as a team.

From abject depression to a -yup marten we might have a team here....but only if they're sent out with the right "attitude".

Borrow a hairdryer if necessary...but chalk and cheese night tonight. NYS far superior ground as well - makes you appreciate home comforts.

Keep it up....please !

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast