+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Lincoln City Post Match Thoughts

Lincoln City Post Match Thoughts

So the RUFC twilight zone from 40-50 minutes strikes again and if my memory serves me right we have now gone 40 years since the last time we completed a unbeaten home season. No fortress NYS? League 1 not as easy as most seemed to think it would be?

Thoughts on today's loss? Someone has suggested once or twice we might benefit from a defensive coach

That was bad, really bad. We lost to a Poor side whose main attribute was they gelled as a team we didn't.

I'm not sure I can watch 4-3-3 pub football all season, Smith wide left really?

Warney got this seriously wrong, we lack balance & quality.

Finally, can anyone ever remember having lard arse officials that big ever before?

Embarrassing, players didn’t have a clue
    Mattock is no captain

We were conceding quite a lot of goals BEFORE Ajayi was sold, but we haven't replaced him. Deservedly won ( although only with a late winner) against a poor Wimbledon team last Saturday, but generally poor free kicks, corners, throw-ins, and defence of crosses were all evident then. Wimbledon lost again today. Do the players that we have actually suit 4-3-3? The problem now is that unless we sign 3 or 4 more players to give us more options, we are stuck with it. The clock is running down to the transfer deadline... you know what comes next...

I'll be going to Burton - hopefully we will have signed at least a new centre back by then. Even Bradford Park Avenue looked dangerous crossing the ball into our penalty area!
    Last edited by mikemiller; 10-08-2019 at 04:41 PM.

We missed some sitters.

There keeper made some good saves.

We couldn't control a bouncing ball

We can't defend corners.

We can't keep or win the ball from our throw ins which is 50 % of our attacking game.

Lincoln have ordered the roof top bus for the championship win today.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    So the RUFC twilight zone from 40-50 minutes strikes again and if my memory serves me right we have now gone 40 years since the last time we completed a unbeaten home season. No fortress NYS? League 1 not as easy as most seemed to think it would be?

Thoughts on today's loss? Someone has suggested once or twice we might benefit from a defensive coach
    Well at risk of sounding like a stuck record WE NEED A DEFENSIVE COACH

2 league games gone and we've conceded 3 goals that would have been embarrassing in the Dog & Duck league

6 points from today:

1. We have to take our chances when we are on top. What is the point in having 3 strikers if they can't hit a barn door or playing too deep as Smith did today..

2. We have to have a plan B when 4 3 3 aint working. We never looked like pulling it back today with rarely a shot on goal. That means we need wingers Mr Warne. I'm not saying 4 3 3 can't work but we need to be able to change things if it aint, If we had 2 wingers we could have took a forward and midfielder off and played 4 4 2.

3. They have 2 shots and they score 2 goals both from dead ball kicks with some of our players totally switched off at the time.

4. No idea from our own dead ball kicks. Nowt from corners or free kicks. We need to practise attacking as well as defending these.

5. Passing as last year atrocious particularly in final 3rd.

6. Crap ref again but didn't affect the score line.

I know it's early but lets hope Warney is aware of our deficiencies and is gonna do summat about it and the board backs him or it could be a difficult season.

MOMs today Robertson, Iekwe
    Last edited by rolymiller; 10-08-2019 at 04:59 PM.

Very poor! No cohesion! No clue!

Lincoln weren’t a very good side either. They were leading 1-0 without even having shot!

Very disappointed tonight.

Always tricky games against newly promoted teams who have a bit of a bounce going on , compounded too if you are recently relegated , our result last saturday is the classic example against Fulham .

44 games left and the window still open for you guys .

If it's any consolation we struggled our tyts off at home early last season and still got 91 points .

Just how football goes at this stage sometimes .

Agree Loyal. We gifted them both their goals. I believe Wimbledon only had one shot last week and scored: its just school boy marking. What worried me is that we never looked like scoring.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast