+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Tosin injury

Tosin injury

The decision to let mulgrew go without replacing him might come to bite mowbray on the bottom,as rosin has picked up a knock.

And factor in the decision was made already knowing Lenihan was injured Rodwell had left and Downing. This lad Tosin always had to come in, play well from the start. Never dip in form, and never get suspended. No real pressure then ...

We have Lenihan, Williams, Tosin and Nyambe as centre backs and also have youngsters to call on or even call back from loan. How many do we need?

As much as I like these young lads, especially Grayson. I'm not confident about if they where exposed too soon. If none of those players get injured, I totally agree. Just concerned looking at Lenihans injury record. It hasn't completed one full season yet. He tends to have spells out. But if all is well, your right, we do seem well stocked.

To also add. After 3 seasons now, I remain slightly unconvinced by Nyambe at RB. While he is possibly a better bet than Bennett, at RB. I'd be concerned if he had to play a sustained period at CB. Not sure he is anywhere near good enough defensively to play that position.

I like Nyambe and rate him better than Bennett as a defender.
    I only saw Tosin close up for 45 minutes but he seems the real deal. Still young so there will be the odd mistake in him but I wonder if there is a better CB in the division.
    Of course, it's still too early to say

If fit the tosin and Williams partnership worked well but unfortunately it looks like we wont see that for this winnable game.
    Right back is a tricky one,out of all the lads coming through the academy nyambe is the one I am least excited about.
    For a defender his positional sense is absolutely woeful,he regularly gets caught too far forward and cannot read danger.
    Is Bennett any better there?probably not but this is nothing new,but however it has been ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    If fit the tosin and Williams partnership worked well but unfortunately it looks like we wont see that for this winnable game.
    Right back is a tricky one,out of all the lads coming through the academy nyambe is the one I am least excited about.
    For a defender his positional sense is absolutely woeful,he regularly gets caught too far forward and cannot read danger.
    Is Bennett any better there?probably not but this is nothing new,but however it has been ignored.
    It looks as if it will be Lenihan and Williams in the centre, Robin. I'm happy with that.
    I do think this is make-or-break season for Nyambe at this level. I agree that his positional sense (like Bell's) is poor at times. Some areas of his game are fine, but that awareness is absolutely essential as a full-back.
    Because Bennett had a much better game last week, he may retain the spot, but I'd still rather see him playing as the wide midfielder ahead of RN. Of all our "wide" players, Bennett has always been the one with the instinct to help the defence.
    The problem is, that only leaves three attacking places, and TM prefers four.
    In any case, if Travis and Johnson both play, Bennett is more likely to be on the left as a midfielder, but that's where Downing now slots in. That's why I suspect EB will still be at full-back.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)