+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who to pick for Saturday?

Who to pick for Saturday?

Several players hardly covered themselves in glory last night so who to pick for a very crucial game.
    1:goalkeeper problems
    Apparently leutwiller wasn't that great and with Walton stuttering,who do you pick? Possibly stick with Walton but it doesn't fill you with confidence.
    2:back 4 issues
    Well nyambe took his chance with both hands didn't he?Bennett must of been smiling at what was a very average display
    So wanted to see Rankin Costello out there to provide genuine competition.
    The tosin injury along with lenihan its stretched us at the back AGAIN
    Did Platt and grayson take their chance?
    I am not so sure
    3:midfield issues
    We have a slow and ineffective midfield,so who to select?possibly stick with travis and Johnson,downing and Chapman on the wings.
    4.forward line problems
    Well we have a ageing Graham and a misfiring set of strikers in brereton,Gallagher and Armstrong.
    I really dont know who to pick out of those
    This isn't a popular one but maybe stick with Graham
    He links up so well with dack.
    We need points.

If Boro turn up and are half decent they won't have an easier game in their defence all season. Our defence will give them the pick up their season needs. Not sure they are any good under Woodgate. Do they need to be.
    1-2 Boro

Walton
    Nyambe (2 from Lenihan/Tosin/Williams) Cunningham
    Bennett Travis Johnson
    Dack Rothwell
    Graham.

Chapman to get 30 if required.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    Walton
    Nyambe (2 from Lenihan/Tosin/Williams) Cunningham
    Bennett Travis Johnson
    Dack Rothwell
    Graham.

Chapman to get 30 if required.
    Sadly Lenihan and Tosin will both likely be missing, so it will have to be a kid who has never made a league appearance before. Maybe both like last night.

If so, we get on with it. That's football. You might get four players in one position injured at the same time.
    If the worse comes to the worst, Nyambe can partner Williams.

If so, we get on with it. That's football. You might get four players in one position injured at the same time.
    If the worse comes to the worst, Nyambe can partner Williams.
    That's why you need a decent squad.
    It may even been an idea to not let another central defender leave knowing Lenihan was already out. Knowing Williams had only returned from a whole summer out. Knowing we only really had the new kid from City who has absolutely no time to settle here, just thrown into a poor side with no confidence. And 2 other kids.
    Yep you can put all that down to plain bad luck.
    Or really really poor decision making.
    Either way, it wont help us get much needed points on the board.

Well, we have Lenihan, Williams, Tosin, Nyambe, Grayson, Platt and several other U-23s.
    I was very keen to get Dann or Hanley in, just for their experience, but various things worked against that. We will probably never know who else was approached.
    I don't get it that so many supporters are now complaining about the departure of Mulgrew, when - a week ago - they were saying he has never really been a centre-half, and he is past it, anyway!

It wasn't the getting rid of mulgrew that was the problem but the lack of a replacement.
    They tried to smooth it over with the Cunningham deal,when he is clearly a left back.
    We are at the stage now of potentially having Williams alongside a unproven at this level youngster.

Well, we have Lenihan, Williams, Tosin, Nyambe, Grayson, Platt and several other U-23s.
    I was very keen to get Dann or Hanley in, just for their experience, but various things worked against that. We will probably never know who else was approached.
    I don't get it that so many supporters are now complaining about the departure of Mulgrew, when - a week ago - they were saying he has never really been a centre-half, and he is past it, anyway!
    I'm certainly not complaining about Charlie leaving. However, I am just looking at who left the club, Mulgrew, Downing and Rodwell. All played that CB role. And only one person was brought in.

If you noticed, both Hanley and Dann BOTH started for their clubs in the Prem at weekend. Where they ever really realistic targets? Having spent numerous months defending TM and why he bought Brereton, and looking at what we spent on SG, I feel a bit stupid being honest. Lets say we only paid £4m for BB and £5m for SG ....I thought that would be good value.
    You just know who he will play tomorrow. And it will be neither of the lads who cost us nearly £10m.
    Everyone on here will all support him taking Gallagher out of the side, after 2 games. As they will elsewhere.
    because It's roundley assumed DG can and will be better.

Why if money is so tight, and us really needing a quality defender, I feel that it was weird we chose to spend more money on another striker who wont play. That's two who wont play, as DG will always be the no brain option.
    Can we try and get our money back on him now? I'd send him on loan, just so he gets game time as this is just pointless. Try sell him in Jan and get a defender. One that will cost money, as that is what is required.
    This was a pointless transfer, one that we didnt need to spend money on. If he was going to get dropped after 2 games, you do have to look back at how BB got on last season. And of course, you absolutely kill the kids confidence by doing this.
    I'll get told I am talking ****e and I am unable to see into the future. But to me, its as clear as day that DG will be playing on sat. I'm not slating DG. He has forged a good partnership with Dack. But didnt we know that when we forked out £5m for his replacement? What has changed? Its been 2 games.

The issue is we have had a poor defence for a few seasons now.
    The problem is that Tony mowbray has taken punts on 2 strikers with potential as of yet they haven't delivered
    The 6-8 million could of been spent on a weak defence not 2 strikers who probably were not needed now
    Butterworth and nuttall wouldn't of done worse,cost nothing and we could of used the money on an area that still looks poor.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)