+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who to pick for Saturday?

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    The issue is we have had a poor defence for a few seasons now.
    The problem is that Tony mowbray has taken punts on 2 strikers with potential as of yet they haven't delivered
    The 6-8 million could of been spent on a weak defence not 2 strikers who probably were not needed now
    Butterworth and nuttall wouldn't of done worse,cost nothing and we could of used the money on an area that still looks poor.
    This where I feel fans like me just feel stupid. As I was so vocal about sticking up for the manager. I spend my money, I feel I am entitled to an opinion. I have had a season ticket for 4 years consecutive now (aswell as numerous dating back to my ****age years), and I think you should stay loyal. But this is just crazy.
    I don't think Nuttall was good enough. But if I knew SG was going to be bought for £5m and benched after 2 games, and no doubt this move will be just like destroying Brereton last season, we may aswell have kept Nuttall and spent the money on someone useful.Nuttall could have easily sat next to Brereton on the bench. Why buy another one to sit on the bench for £5m? If the plan all along was to just play DG then whoever let TM spend more money on another striker who he will never play, needs shooting! We simply cant afford to throw good money away on sub's. Not when we clearly have issues in other area's.
    Have a bit of faith in this lad, he needs a chance.
    yet another bewlidering decision that just makes no sense.
    Quality defenders cost quite a bit of money. We could have easily identified one, and go and got him, if we spent the money wisely. Trouble was, I'm unsure if the plan was ever to play anyone other than DG.
    Making the decision to spend all the money even more preplexing.

I think all this will have well and truly caught up with him by mid Sept, early Oct.
    Last edited by champs95; 15-08-2019 at 03:29 PM.

Well, reading TM's latest interview, he clearly ISN'T automatically going for DG.
    It's pretty clear he recognises that the Dack/Graham spearhead has been our most effective method so far, but should not be the only choice, especially with his preferred shift to an on-the-ground style.
    It is probably quite difficult to change the players' mindset when Graham is on the pitch, and I gather he was the one who created the momentum-shift in the Oldham game.
    Basically, TM is still preaching horses-for-courses, but the fans want the most likely way to a win, and that is probably still DG at the moment!

Can we base too much on beating Div2 Oldham? I am not sure we will find the same success vrs Boro tomorrow. But that's obvious. I think its quite obvious who he will opt for, and that's fine.
    And I am fully aware that DG and Dack is a partnership that found a modicem of success.
    All the more confusing why best part of £10m has been spent in that area of the pitch? A luxury we simply can't afford.
    Nuttall and Butterworth could/should have saved us this outlay, as the intention was never to be brave and try anyone else. Why do you think Bennett plays every week? I rarely see horses for courses when it comes to Bennett? He plays every week. Poor form or not. I'm hearing alot of things he says at the moment and I think alot of it is full of contradictions.
    I did hear he had a better game last week. The 2nd goal still came from him not being positioned correctly. One of the reasons he is picked. So yeah, he played ok. The week before he was embarrassing. And I think he has cost us 2 of the 4 goals we have conceeded so far. I would have liked to see Rankin Costello get a game the other night.

I think R-C has a big future, but there is a widespread tendency at the moment for fans to say anyone should have been picked other than the players himself Mowbray picked.
    At the same time, we also hear that he changes the team too much.
    I'm puzzled as to how both can be correct.
    Last edited by AucklandRover; 16-08-2019 at 10:24 PM.

Did anyone see the picture on the official site? The only photograph of TM I've ever seen where he actually looks young!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)