+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: radio sheffield

radio sheffield

This might just be me!

Why do I get the feeling that whenever they see an opportunity to stick the boot in to any of our managers they do - this has happened for quite a while

Its as if whenever we lose their buzz word at the minute is 'experience' and lets see if we can get a rise out of DS

Under Heckingbottom it was transfer policy, no CEO etc

I appreciate they are making a living and they would just argue that this is what the listeners would want us to ask them but the Carlisle game was nothing to do with experience etc it was down to players not being hungry enough to fight for their shirt for saturdays game. man for man on paper we should've won pretty much with any team that we put out which comes purely down to attitude.

What gets on my chesticles is that when their is an issue with such as transfers at Sheff Weds or ownership issues at Sheff Utd etc its as if theyve been told prior to any interview not to mention it and they dance around handbags for 10 minutes. If Sheff Utd had lost 3-0 at home in their first cup tie the opening line would be along the lines of 'Well Chris surely the premier league is the top priority and this was a good opportunity to give some fringe players competitive game time'

In short Radio Sheffield, stop sh!t stirring!! The transfer policy is what it is , young players can have erratic performances, and whilst watching us over the last 4 years or so you've had the opportunity to watch some pretty decent players who wouldnt necessarily have had the opportunity to compete at such a high level in the game had it not been for us. I'll assume if we get to Wembley again you'll not be interested in packing your overnight bag for a jaunt to the capital courtesy of BFC and lets be fair not many other Yorkshire teams over the last 10 years have given you as many journeys down that neck of the woods as we have.

Difficult to really argue with, at the moment it’s really hard to hear the questions they put to Messrs Bullen and Wilder as the microphone is a bit far up their Ar$e, they don’t criticise Rotherham either.... we will show them again this year what quick learners we are..

Dont get me wrong last night was poor - we huffed and puffed and we couldve probably played while midnight and still been behind. If ever stats told a wrong story last night was it. Carlisle were more up for it than us.

I was more disappointed that some of the players who had a chance to stake a claim didnt do themselves any favours. That said even the regulat first teamers were poor. I said at the start of the season that the full back positions are our achilles heel and I think thats proving to be the case. What we seem to have stopped doing in the last 2 games is making sure that if the full back bombs forward that we need to make sure other players - ie the wingers especially - dont neglect their defensive duties as that is getting exploited. I love the all out attack mantra but unfortunately that has to be tempered with an eye on the counter attack sucker punch that we have got hit with in the last 2 games.

With the best will in the world a professional footballer isnt going to be as up for a tuesday night first round cup tie against opposition 2 divisions lower as they are a league game

I really dont see the need for all the panic - especially that that radio sheffield seem help bent on stoking up

I've not listened to that biased bag of shoite since the Morgan tried caving Hulme's head in . They well and truly nailed their colours to the mast then

We let ourselves down last night. I remember when we started the “young player” policy & Radio Sheffield compared us to Donny with the experience brought in by Willie Mackay - that went well for Donny, didn’t it! RS clearly prefer other local clubs in how they talk about them - in my view, since we “left” them & their commentaries a number of years ago

A stopped listnin to FH a long time ago, even Derrick Parker startud tekkin pi ss abart us during his boring commentary , Fckem