Get your very own personalised The Ram Inn gifts!
Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Interesting Carabao cup 2nd round tie

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,215

    Interesting Carabao cup 2nd round tie

    Rochdale vs Carlisle 😃

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,340
    I'm quite sure there are a veritable forest of other mouth watering fixtures to ram down people's throats.........

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,487
    I can think of tree or four. I bet some will have to play at a right ****ty ground!!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    5,434
    Well at least our youngsters won’t be intimidated by playing in a big stadium.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,215
    or an empty one

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    5,434
    Are there two cups at stake in this match or is the BC Trophy only contested in League matches?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,340
    Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Are there two cups at stake in this match or is the BC Trophy only contested in League matches?
    BCT is up for grabs.

    Trophy's coming home, it's coming home, it's coming..............................

    This raises a huge question. Does Cocu stick with the XI that put S****horpe out or does he acknowledge that it's "not just another cup tie" and play the best XI available?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    4,778
    As always, play your strongest team. It’s a competitive football match, not some sort of training opportunity.
    How Cocu approaches this will be massive for me. Always a risk with a foreign manager that they don’t take the cups seriously..
    Gutted I am in New York, so will miss it.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    8,862
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryRam View Post
    As always, play your strongest team. It’s a competitive football match, not some sort of training opportunity.
    How Cocu approaches this will be massive for me. Always a risk with a foreign manager that they don’t take the cups seriously..
    Gutted I am in New York, so will miss it.
    Cocu will play a strong team as will Forest as this is not just a cup game to supporters, this one might be worth Cancelling the trip to New York for

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    5,434
    Hmmm...three days after WBA at home and four days before Brentford away. Obviously I’d like to win all three matches but for me the Championship results are infinitely more important.
    The kids did alright at S****horpe so maybe strengthen that side with a little bit more experience but ultimately it’s horses for courses...the ‘course’ is the Championship season and I trust Cocu to exercise ‘head over heart’ judgement.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    4,778
    Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Hmmm...three days after WBA at home and four days before Brentford away. Obviously I’d like to win all three matches but for me the Championship results are infinitely more important.
    The kids did alright at S****horpe so maybe strengthen that side with a little bit more experience but ultimately it’s horses for courses...the ‘course’ is the Championship season and I trust Cocu to exercise ‘head over heart’ judgement.
    Complete and utter tosh.. Par for the course.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    4,778
    Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Hmmm...three days after WBA at home and four days before Brentford away. Obviously I’d like to win all three matches but for me the Championship results are infinitely more important.
    The kids did alright at S****horpe so maybe strengthen that side with a little bit more experience but ultimately it’s horses for courses...the ‘course’ is the Championship season and I trust Cocu to exercise ‘head over heart’ judgement.
    Obviously you don’t like to win every game or you would not have posted this tosh.. 3 games in a week, FFS will be no problem whatsoever for professionals.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    5,434
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryRam View Post
    Complete and utter tosh.. Par for the course.
    Oh...I’m sorry...I forgot that you’re always right and no one should ever doubt what you say.

    This is a forum where we exchange opinions. I may be right, I may be wrong but it’s my opinion and plenty of managers, who may just possibly know more than you, follow a policy of selecting their season’s number one priority and resting senior players accordingly.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    4,845
    Well forest have no excuse now for not selling out their ground now its not going to be televised, at least when they still don't the whole nation won't get to see all those pink seats

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    4,778
    Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Oh...I’m sorry...I forgot that you’re always right and no one should ever doubt what you say.

    This is a forum where we exchange opinions. I may be right, I may be wrong but it’s my opinion and plenty of managers, who may just possibly know more than you, follow a policy of selecting their season’s number one priority and resting senior players accordingly.
    Nah you’re wrong again and that’s my opinion for a forum.. Happy?
    Time and time again cock sure managers rest players for these games and get their butts kicked.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,340
    Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam View Post
    Well forest have no excuse now for not selling out their ground now its not going to be televised, at least when they still don't the whole nation won't get to see all those pink seats
    They seem to have seen that problem and have therefore decided to give DCFC 3300 tickets rather than the 2K we get for League games there

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •