+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interesting Carabao cup 2nd round tie

Interesting Carabao cup 2nd round tie

Rochdale vs Carlisle 😃

I'm quite sure there are a veritable forest of other mouth watering fixtures to ram down people's throats.........

I can think of tree or four. I bet some will have to play at a right ****ty ground!!

Well at least our youngsters won’t be intimidated by playing in a big stadium.

or an empty one

Are there two cups at stake in this match or is the BC Trophy only contested in League matches?

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Are there two cups at stake in this match or is the BC Trophy only contested in League matches?
    BCT is up for grabs.

Trophy's coming home, it's coming home, it's coming..............................

This raises a huge question. Does Cocu stick with the XI that put S****horpe out or does he acknowledge that it's "not just another cup tie" and play the best XI available?

As always, play your strongest team. It’s a competitive football match, not some sort of training opportunity.
    How Cocu approaches this will be massive for me. Always a risk with a foreign manager that they don’t take the cups seriously..
    Gutted I am in New York, so will miss it.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryRam View Post
    As always, play your strongest team. It’s a competitive football match, not some sort of training opportunity.
    How Cocu approaches this will be massive for me. Always a risk with a foreign manager that they don’t take the cups seriously..
    Gutted I am in New York, so will miss it.
    Cocu will play a strong team as will Forest as this is not just a cup game to supporters, this one might be worth Cancelling the trip to New York for

Hmmm...three days after WBA at home and four days before Brentford away. Obviously I’d like to win all three matches but for me the Championship results are infinitely more important.
    The kids did alright at S****horpe so maybe strengthen that side with a little bit more experience but ultimately it’s horses for courses...the ‘course’ is the Championship season and I trust Cocu to exercise ‘head over heart’ judgement.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)