+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Don't know much about

Don't know much about

...The Spanish Civil War

Started watching a documentary about it on PBS America but fell asleep. Was Franco a goodie or a baddie?

Depends on whether you prefer Real Madrid or Barcelona apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Devanha Red View Post
    Depends on whether you prefer Real Madrid or Barcelona apparently.
    Dinna gie a fu(k about any fitba that isn't Scottish.

Heard Franco did some massacreing (sp?) on his rise to power. That wasn't very nice of him.

Quote Originally Posted by StandfreeFM View Post
    Dinna gie a fu(k about any fitba that isn't Scottish.

Heard Franco did some massacreing (sp?) on his rise to power. That wasn't very nice of him.
    In war all sides do their fair share of massacring. There are s few decent fitba based books that touch on the subject bit if Spanish football leaves you cold I would suggest you read the excellent book on the topic "Catholicism, War and the Foundation of Francoism" by Sid Lowe 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Devanha Red View Post
    In war all sides do their fair share of massacring. There are s few decent fitba based books that touch on the subject bit if Spanish football leaves you cold I would suggest you read the excellent book on the topic "Catholicism, War and the Foundation of Francoism" by Sid Lowe ��
    Thanks. I may get round to this once I have finished trying to get to learn about the American Civil War.

I'll be honest, I didn't click on Buc's link. I'm was just presuming this thread is for Posters to list the gaping gaps in our knowledge.

Thanks. I may get round to this once I have finished trying to get to learn about the American Civil War
    The good guys lost

I didn't click it either. That's apparently how you get internet viruses.

I'm going to guess it's the song that also includes the line "don't know much about the French I took". If I'm wrong I'll look foolish but I really don't mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    The good guys lost
    Cheers, that's now saved me heaps of time for activities.

...The Spanish Civil War

Started watching a documentary about it on PBS America but fell asleep. Was Franco a goodie or a baddie?
    Our friend Fernando as a young man had to do his national service under Franco .
    He saw many bad things happen under him so much so he hated him he was evil pure evil Fernando's words.

Fernando who went on to be a doctor after using his National Service money to go on and do studying then ended up working in Aberdeen he could tell you some stories but it used to make him very upset.
    So for me Franco was a cnt .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast