+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT - Nelson in Lancashire

OT - Nelson in Lancashire

Now then lads, and yes I know this has naff all to do with footy lol... I visited this lovely little town today to go and get myself a new (well, newer) car lol.

And along the way I saw the signs for 'Burnsley, Turf Moor stadium'. The only thing missing from that sign was 'Acido is a t*wat'.

Some bus driver tooted me and I gave him the usual middle finger or wrist gesture that you normally do... lol.
    Hey Alto mate, was that you today lol, is that your area of bussing it in Burnsley ?.

Hey I love my new car, but Im sorry to say I wont be visiting that taarn in Burnsley again anytime soon, if you know what I mean.

It's been re named Nelstan.. ..

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Now then lads, and yes I know this has naff all to do with footy lol... I visited this lovely little town today to go and get myself a new (well, newer) car lol.

And along the way I saw the signs for 'Burnsley, Turf Moor stadium'. The only thing missing from that sign was 'Acido is a t*wat'.

Some bus driver tooted me and I gave him the usual middle finger or wrist gesture that you normally do... lol.
    Hey Alto mate, was that you today lol, is that your area of bussing it in Burnsley ?.

Hey I love my new car, but Im sorry to say I wont be visiting that taarn in Burnsley again anytime soon, if you know what I mean.
    Tip from me regarding buying cars Acido:
    Try and buy from a wealthy area where someone had chance to look after the car properly. Nelstan right at the opposite scale of where you should be buying. OK so you probably bought from a dealer who picked it up at an auction, so I'm hoping you're getting lucky then. I do wish you all the best with it in any case.

Quote Originally Posted by wmdave_b View Post
    Tip from me regarding buying cars Acido:
    Try and buy from a wealthy area where someone had chance to look after the car properly. Nelstan right at the opposite scale of where you should be buying. OK so you probably bought from a dealer who picked it up at an auction, so I'm hoping you're getting lucky then. I do wish you all the best with it in any case.
    Aww f*k, you've got me worried now kid lol. Is Stanley town (Nelson) really that bad ?.

Only a Yaarkshireman would call Nelson a lovely little town, as someone who lived (Brierfield actually) and worked there for 20 years, I can vouch for the fact it's a ****hole.

I'm surprised the people on Passport Control at Nelson Gate actually let a Yawkshire Barsteward in...

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I'm surprised the people on Passport Control at Nelson Gate actually let a Yawkshire Barsteward in...
    As soon as he said he was buying a "new" car they let him in

Never driven a bus up there Acido, done it all down south.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Once they saw the colour of my money, the cop flops let me in no prolem and I think I fooled them as well with my plastic Lancy accent.
    And yes Sinko, it says Brierfield on one of the invoices, so thats the town/area then is it. Its on Kirby road, BB9, you might know exactly where that is lol.

Btw, the drive home was a lot better than the drive there, I got lost a few times on the way because my sat nav was having a nightmare. I had to turn 'her' off eventually lol.

Ohh and dont we all laugh at that place on the roadsign, with the dirty first 4 letters.... C*litheroe.
    Last edited by Acido; 15-08-2019 at 03:36 PM.

The women go into orgasm up there Acido once you mention the "C" word, them all being of randy farming stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Once they saw the colour of my money, the cop flops let me in no prolem and I think I fooled them as well with my plastic Lancy accent.
    And yes Sinko, it says Brierfield on one of the invoices, so thats the town/area then is it. Its on Kirby road, BB9, you might know exactly where that is lol.

Btw, the drive home was a lot better than the drive there, I got lost a few times on the way because my sat nav was having a nightmare. I had to turn 'her' off eventually lol.

Ohh and dont we all laugh at that place on the roadsign, with the dirty first 4 letters.... C*litheroe.
    I believe our town council is negotiating a twinning arrangement with S****horpe.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)