+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: What Will The Outcome Be?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wolves v FC Pyunik Europa League - Qualifying Third Round - 2nd Leg Matchday Thread

Another enjoyable night watching Wolves. We took our time to get going and really only had the Vinagre effort that he put over the bar in the first half. From the off though i was really impressed with Neto and Cutrone, both look capable of having big impacts on this Wolves side. Neto looks a tidy player, good touches and speed to go with it.

As with Crusaders, FC Pyunik offered very little. But that's understandable due to the level they play it. One real thing of note from the first half as well was a challenge by Vallejo, full blooded, but booked for catching the player. He looked comfortable on the ball, but on another day could've seen red for a challenge just after kick off in the second half.

It was good to see the goals go in in the second half, Neto, Gibbs-White and Vinagre, but the pick has to be Jota's goal, worth seeing again for Jiminez's role and then Jota's acrobatics.

It was a comfortable win, some very good performances from the likes of Vinagre, Neto and Cutrone. When Jimenez and Jota came on i thought we went up another level.

Quote Originally Posted by WOODLANDSWOLF View Post
    Good result. Did I see somewhere that we had Torino next or was that a brain fart?
    First leg in Italy on Thursday 22nd and home game 29th August.

Quote Originally Posted by wolves71 View Post
    Another enjoyable night watching Wolves. We took our time to get going and really only had the Vinagre effort that he put over the bar in the first half. From the off though i was really impressed with Neto and Cutrone, both look capable of having big impacts on this Wolves side. Neto looks a tidy player, good touches and speed to go with it.

As with Crusaders, FC Pyunik offered very little. But that's understandable due to the level they play it. One real thing of note from the first half as well was a challenge by Vallejo, full blooded, but booked for catching the player. He looked comfortable on the ball, but on another day could've seen red for a challenge just after kick off in the second half.

It was good to see the goals go in in the second half, Neto, Gibbs-White and Vinagre, but the pick has to be Jota's goal, worth seeing again for Jiminez's role and then Jota's acrobatics.

It was a comfortable win, some very good performances from the likes of Vinagre, Neto and Cutrone. When Jimenez and Jota came on i thought we went up another level.
    I was impressed with Neto and particularly Cutrone, although the opposition weren't great they look to be good cover / competition for Jimenez and Jota. Vallejo as you say is good on the ball, but defensively suspect based on last nights performance... the opposite of Ryan Bennett whose position he'll start the season as cover for. We played some quality football last night, not bad for a predominantly second string line up. Not enough of the twenty or so shots we had tested the keeper though, that needs to improve. Also, I was a bit surprised at how we let them dominate possession in the first half the stats were 60/40 in their favour, perhaps it was tactical?

Torino is a fixture to look forward to but could go either way, it would be a shame if we go out against them a bit of a run in Europe would do nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwolf View Post
    I was impressed with Neto and particularly Cutrone, although the opposition weren't great they look to be good cover / competition for Jimenez and Jota. Vallejo as you say is good on the ball, but defensively suspect based on last nights performance... the opposite of Ryan Bennett whose position he'll start the season as cover for. We played some quality football last night, not bad for a predominantly second string line up. Not enough of the twenty or so shots we had tested the keeper though, that needs to improve. Also, I was a bit surprised at how we let them dominate possession in the first half the stats were 60/40 in their favour, perhaps it was tactical?

Torino is a fixture to look forward to but could go either way, it would be a shame if we go out against them a bit of a run in Europe would do nicely.
    I think Wolves have had numerous games where the opposition has at times more possession. It's also been mentioned how we sometimes have slow starts to games. We like to hit teams on the break and possession for the opposition doesn't always mean we are under thread in our own half.

the Torino games will be a tough test. I hope we can do ourselves justice and get through over the two legs.

Here's the highlights! Enjoy!

Even now, i can't get tired of seeing that goal.

Quote Originally Posted by wolves71 View Post

Even now, i can't get tired of seeing that goal.
    Brilliant one two and finish. The first goal was quality too and courtesy of the three newbies.

Cheers for the highlights. Great stuff.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)