+ Visit Cambridge United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Haw Frank...

Haw Frank...

It's the start of the season on Saturday,you going down to watch Wisbech or are you going to be sticking to league football,the mighty Carlton are coming down on the 3rd September and are going to take over your town,which pub does Wisbechs "firm" drink in before the game as we will probably take over that as well,you don't mess with a club that has sold over 30 season tickets this year
    Pre season wasn't that good for Carlton but fingers crossed for an exciting season,I've given up supporting Arnold Town as the ground isn't where I thought that it was so I'm now Carlton till I die
    Last edited by cocopops61; 15-08-2019 at 10:50 AM.

I must admit my sins, I watched United v Newport, and by gum, the improvement was immense. I went because non league hadn't started. I am going to Wisbech v Leek on Saturday. I lived in Cheddleton two miles outside of Leek for a while. Leek is a lovely town, a bit incestuous though as small towns are.

Tuesday Soham are at home to Histon, im not sure they have ever met in the league, as their histories are so different. As local a fenland derby as it gets. Then Cambridge City are at home on Wednesday to Dereham, im not sure if I can manage that one but well see.

Wisbech will struggle, they have made 12 signings, so you never know. Carlton will have a hard time, they always do. When Carlton come I will set my miniature jack russel on your fans, that will see them off. The Wisbech club is excellent.

We must spare a though for Griff though, if it wasn't for Carlisle there would be no football up there. There is no isthmian or southern league clubs up there, because yuo have to be in the south. Im sure the locals cant afford non league football, as a tenner per month for semi pros is pushing it. I cant think of one non league club up there.

Maybe they could pay in lambs legs. Know let me see, Opera, Carlisle...nope....theatres Carlisle nope. Oh well. 30 season tickets eh?, good going, I might get one for Wisbech.

Barrow? It’s in the same county. Lower down are Workington, Penrith and Kendal.

I sometimes enjoy watching Carlton more than Notts and Carlton aren't even my team,maybe it's because the expectations are to high at Notts and fans think that they are hard done by being relegated into non league,plus there's no queuing for the toilets,you can walk straight up to be served for a tea or burger and it's cheap to get in,it's a lot better than stopping in at home if Notts are away,like you said Carlton will struggle this season but if they are above Wisbech I will see the season as a success

Ill put a tenner on that one. Hang on you already owe me over the years. Mind you I let you off. I think my betting history with you is 100% success.

I've lost two bets to you Frank and indeed your success rate is 100% but you can't comp!win about me not paying when you refuse to accept the winnings,I can remember once offering to buy you a tkt online for you to see Utd play which you refused,then for reason which I can't remember I then offered to buy you and your Mrs a burger and beer in your local pub,the other time that I lost you refused the winnings and told me to buy coco some treats with it which I did and posted photos on here to prove it

It's quite scary how your phone tracks what you are doing,since posting on here about Wisbech FC I've started to get popups about them when I've googled other things,is Big Brother already with us?

Name:  Screenshot_20190817-095828~2.jpg
Views: 316
Size:  11.1 KB

There is a thingy on computers, that tracks your movement on the internet then sends you stuff that you might be interested in. When im on you tube it sends new stuff of the stuff ive just looked at.

I had forgotten that you had repaid our bets, I think im going a bit yampy. By the way, look at my next message.^

Good result for Carlton yesterday Frank,how did Wisbech do?

Oh....

Anyway they play Ely in the FA Cup on Wednesday don't they,better luck in that one,are all the early rounds of the cup against localish sides or was it the luck of the draw?

I did notice Carlton winning. Wisbech were dreadful. They had one shot on goal. I only recognised one player from last year, this bunch have come from the United Counties league as have the manager.

Having said that the Wisbech keeper made what i can only describe as a world class save, diving to his left to save a point blank header. He was faultless throughout the game, he has a future. There was one more than decent midfielder, and thats it.

The Wisbech number 5 was totally out of his depth, you cant have that in a key position. The forwards didnt exist. It might be about adjusting to a new level for the players, but i doubt it, you cant be this bad, and become ok. The fa cup is localish, Ely are rubbish, they play in the eastern counties league.

They should be a southern league team with the catchment area, id watch them if the standard was ok, it isnt, i tried it. Huntingdon are the same, a town almost city sized, but with a team in a minor league, below that of Ely.

Youve won a tenner, Wisbech are going down. Karen Carpenter.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)