+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: cosgrove haters

cosgrove haters

well well , nows the time we will see if the team plays better without him . i would love to be proved wrong and indeed i will be shouting and sigining in the upper rds to try and inspire them to do so .
    However although is is not he complete footballer and never will be he is very effective for us and we will miss him tonight.
    but we are where we are

COYR

Quote Originally Posted by redtaz View Post
    well well , nows the time we will see if the team plays better without him . i would love to be proved wrong and indeed i will be shouting and sigining in the upper rds to try and inspire them to do so .
    However although is is not he complete footballer and never will be he is very effective for us and we will miss him tonight.
    but we are where we are

COYR
    Never thought I'd say this, but we will miss him tonight. I stand by my opinion that he is no use when we just punt long balls up to him, much like we did for most of last season, but when we actually play football, get it down, get it wide, put it in the box etc he has done a good job (during his purple patch last winter, and his start to this season).

My issue tonight is, if we play Main, we will likely go with the hoofball tactic which never works for us. If we play Wilson, hopefully we'll try and play a bit more football which will suit him and the rest of our players. An interesting night ahead either way!

Quote Originally Posted by redtaz View Post
    but we are where we are

COYR
    Did he not play in the first game?

Big Sam will start tonight. Big smokescreen.

good point but team collectively didnt play well or more importantly did not give him any quality service

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Did he not play in the first game?
    Aye, yer right and the top class service he received that proved he was a "donkey" as one boring poster never fails to remind us

There wasn't much he could to do in Croatia if McInnes decides to 'park the bus' after ten minutes

Nobody "hates" him. They just question his ability as a footballer. Quite a different thing. I think he's a 'horse' but he's scoring goals and that's what we pay him for so no complaints.

If / when the goals dry up I make no bones about it I'll be among the first to shout for him to be dropped. Fickle you see. It's how most fans are.

As posted on the match thread.
    Not only he did not score over there he could not stay on his fkn feet long enough to take a chance even if it was serviced to him.
    If we don't win and go through tonight it wont be because we were missing our donkey ffs. Its no secret I have been far and way the lads biggest critic on here and I still am. I would not say I hate the guy I just strongly believe that IF we are going to progress any further as footballing side then we need real fkn football players to help make that happen.
    Sam is not the quality of footballer (use that term fkn loosely ffs) that we need at our club.

I appreciate his goals and have given him the odd bit of credit here and there but he is utter sh1te and always will be.
    Fk me can you imagine if we had a real player playing as our main striker what a difference that could make, but clitoris main is not that striker either. James Wilson might be but he ain't going to do much from the fkn bench is he.

Mrs Cosgroves young brat is not the saviour of our team ffs fkn hell (mega heed shak)

COYR heid first the night and 4-4-2 is the only way to go (Wilson and Anderson would be my pickup front every week, but especially tonight)

SF

If we don't go through with lack of goals scored being the reason and he's not playing then his absence will most certainly be one of the contributory factors.

To argue otherwise is to show yourself up for being foolish.

I even know people who aren't going tonight now due to his absence. That's how important he is.

Cosgrove is actually quite a good football player its just that because he is big we punt balls up to him, he is much better when ball is played to his feet as his hold up play is decent, he is by no way near the finished article but with good coaching he could be the real deal. Also the away leg i think he had been told to try and win as many fouls as he could to keep pressure off our back 10, it just didn’t work. If he doesn’t play tonight i think we will miss him.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast