+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sol Campbell leaves Macclesfield

Quote Originally Posted by tied_up_in_notts View Post
    There's no doubt he did a very good job but it's far, FAR too early to say that he will become a good manager . . . I recall a certain Mr Ince pulling off a very similar miracle at Macclesfield in his first managerial job - where is he now?
    Ince took charge of a Premier League club in decline less than two years after he'd first took charge of Macc and also managed MK in the 4th tier. A step too far too soon. I think I remember him saying that being a manager wasn't something he wanted to do for long and his love of the golf course suggests his heart wasn't really in it.

I doubt Sol would get offered a Premier League job as most clubs now look abroad, maybe a struggling Championship side will come in for him. Ideally he'd want a L1 or L2 club that's doing well and just had their manager poached. I get the impression that he's much more motivated by the love of the game than the money side of it, though maybe the experience at Macc has made him think again.

Quote Originally Posted by tied_up_in_notts View Post
    There's no doubt he did a very good job but it's far, FAR too early to say that he will become a good manager . . . I recall a certain Mr Ince pulling off a very similar miracle at Macclesfield in his first managerial job - where is he now?
    Possibly on the first tee...

Sensible chap. Macclesfield will soon be suffering siimilar indignities to Notts. He knows. I'm guessing.

Sol hadn’t been paid for five months

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12