+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sol Campbell leaves Macclesfield

Sol Campbell leaves Macclesfield

Strange as he's done a good job under extremely difficult circumstances over the past 8 months.

I've read online, a number of former players have just started pursuing a winding up order against the club. Maybe he's now decided the time is right to jump ship.

He was a ship...nay a tanker when he played the one game for us

Quote Originally Posted by apieandpint View Post
    I've read online, a number of former players have just started pursuing a winding up order against the club. Maybe he's now decided the time is right to jump ship.

Yeah they're having all sorts of financial problems and have had since the back end of last season. That's prob the reason why he's jumped ship.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49342498

Surprised nobody came in for him during the summer, he's done an exceptional job there.

Sol surprised pretty much everyone (apart from himself) with how well he did there. Given the position he found them in and the financial issues, to keep them up at our expense was an outstanding achievement for a rookie manager.

Macc appear to be screwed though. Just shows how lucky we have been really. A few years in the NL looks like a holiday compared to what's happening at some clubs at the moment.

I really thought we had had it when it got to the Friday before the court appearance with no news. Amazing what our new owners have achieved. Really concerned about Bury, can't see how they can recover.

We gave him a massive helping hand in being able to be worse than Macclesfield whenever possible, the amount of chances we had to overtake them when they dropped points and we failed to do so was pathetic.

He got out of Notts quickly when he sensed things were going wrong and it could be that he’s got a similar feeling about Macclesfield. After doing an excellent job in keeping them up, he should be able to land a decent job elsewhere.

I really hope Macclesfield, Bury and Bolton can overcome their financial difficulties and survive - we Notts fans know what it’s like to be under threat of extinction.

There's no doubt he did a very good job but it's far, FAR too early to say that he will become a good manager . . . I recall a certain Mr Ince pulling off a very similar miracle at Macclesfield in his first managerial job - where is he now?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast