+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Take us home

Some great work done by Bielsa and his staff..he polished the turds and turned them into Footballers and almost pulled it off so credit is due there..had he been backed in that january transfer window we would be in the premiership now of that I am certain.

Saw enough last season and enjoyed 3 quarters of it but don't want to 'relive' that awful end product..think I will watch the second coming DVD and the 91-92 title winning DVD instead

Was proud to be a Leeds fan last year. Beautiful football and we attacked... even when it didn't make sense sometimes. Basically the same squad that was relegation material the year before (after mid year) and we were one of the best teams.

The end was as painful as it gets but a whole lot of other moments put us in that spot. Not finishing off games we dominated, overplaying some of our worn out players, spygate and the distraction etc.

A whole lot more positive that negative with the season however.

Best of all we kept MB and most of the team. we've gambled everything on going up this year and continuing to play our brand of football. A true stand up team and owner with huge stakes but think we will prevail.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    Some great work done by Bielsa and his staff..he polished the turds and turned them into Footballers and almost pulled it off so credit is due there..had he been backed in that january transfer window we would be in the premiership now of that I am certain.

Saw enough last season and enjoyed 3 quarters of it but don't want to 'relive' that awful end product..think I will watch the second coming DVD and the 91-92 title winning DVD instead
    Devils avocado: Maybe the club took the view that if we did get promoted last year, we would need far too much investment in one go to stay up in PL. This year there could have been lots of doom and gloom (ok on here there is) but we seem a bit more ready.

And if with the benefit of hindsight we do get promoted and stay up, would be better than going up and coming straight back down. For one MB is more likely to stay longer term..... I appreciate getting back and getting some of that PL dosh as soon as we can is very tempting. But now we have a world class manager, a team who play attractive football and improving...I can wait a little longer

I take back what I said about not wanting to watch it, just watched the first two episodes, the comebacks against villa and Blackburn made the hairs stand on end, Victor orta I see in a different light, his passion is unrivalled, radrizzani and kinnear seem very level headed and the club seems in a much better place and moving in the right direction.

Massively excited to watch this in the middle of May next year when we've won promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by Jezleeds View Post
    Massively excited to watch this in the middle of May next year when we've won promotion.
    The more you see the better an insight you get into how tough the season was for th players compared to anything they had encountered before, also that Rad does have a plan, Orta is a passionate chap, and that Kinear seems quite a shrew business man.
    The main thing I get is that the players work their socks off all week, have a plan before and during games, and that they don't know when they are beaten.

All the "Bottler" comments seem a little harsh and unjustified when you have seen this program.

My opinion only

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    The more you see the better an insight you get into how tough the season was for th players compared to anything they had encountered before, also that Rad does have a plan, Orta is a passionate chap, and that Kinear seems quite a shrew business man.
    The main thing I get is that the players work their socks off all week, have a plan before and during games, and that they don't know when they are beaten.

All the "Bottler" comments seem a little harsh and unjustified when you have seen this program.

My opinion only

Agreed - Phillips and Ayling seem to be genuinely nice blokes who keep everyone else upbeat. The bit asking Jannson if he still thought they should have given Vila a goal was funny and the gentle rubbing of Bamford and his dive too.

Noticable from the clips that when Bamford doesn’t score he typically misses or doesn’t hit the target often by miles which is still a worry.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)