+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What has become of Burnley - the town

What has become of Burnley - the town

Let me begin by categorically stating that I am in NO way racist.
    I have been fortunate to have lived and worked in many countries around the world and always tried my utmost to respect the local customs and traditions of where I lived, be that Pakistan, India, China, America....etc.
    I had to return to Burnley this year (visa issues) and I was dismayed by the denegration of the town of Burnley.
    Having returned here jobless, obviously, I was told that even though I had beeen paying "Dual Tax" for more than 20 years, I was entitled to NO financial help.
    I got talking, in the "Job Centre", to a family from Pakistan, 2 adults, 2 children.
    They remarked "how wonderful England is, we get benfits, housing, our children have free education and we pay nothing".
    Forgive me, but, does that seem a little unfair ?

Let me also begin by stating I am categorically not a racist... If you don't like it Map then phook of back to the land of the slit eyed ones.. You know it makes sense..

that seems unfair to me Map.

but I think it an easy fix.... could tell them you identify as an Afghan lady called Mapi....and have had to leave China because of the persecution....that should do it !

Thanks for endorsing my thoughts.
    I swear that NOTHING will give me greater pleasure, satisfaction than, as you so eloquently put it to "phook of back to the land of the slit eyed ones".....words almost fail me, no, actually they do.

You really do take me too seriously Map.. I just love winding you up..

Name:  Photo of beautiful Chinese lady.jpg
Views: 385
Size:  52.0 KB

I know but "slit eyes" ?

I know what you mean about losing benefits Map.

One of my sister in laws in Es*** started living with a Frenchman, his dream was to get a boat and sail across the Atlantic to French Guiana, he kept on and on at the sister in law saying it would be an adventure, she eventually relented and they sailed across with great difficulty getting in the doldrums for a few weeks as the engine broke down and the prop shaft snapped, so with no wind they drifted (would have driven me nuts) they eventually reached French Guiana via a few other places.

She'd had enough and flew back, she'd been away about 18 months, had a regular job since School for over 20 years and a home before she left on the "Adventure" but was told she was entitled to Nothing, yet as you say Map, non British seem to get it time and time again.

Alf really isn't a racist Map, he's just here for the crack and enjoys window everyone up, not just you fella

Aye don't worry about Alfie Map, he even has a go at me at my age, he has no respect for anyone that tw@t.

Quote Originally Posted by map View Post
    Let me begin by categorically stating that I am in NO way racist.
    I have been fortunate to have lived and worked in many countries around the world and always tried my utmost to respect the local customs and traditions of where I lived, be that Pakistan, India, China, America....etc.
    I had to return to Burnley this year (visa issues) and I was dismayed by the denegration of the town of Burnley.
    Having returned here jobless, obviously, I was told that even though I had beeen paying "Dual Tax" for more than 20 years, I was entitled to NO financial help.
    I got talking, in the "Job Centre", to a family from Pakistan, 2 adults, 2 children.
    They remarked "how wonderful England is, we get benfits, housing, our children have free education and we pay nothing".
    Forgive me, but, does that seem a little unfair ?
    You raise two issues map.

The second being a Government farcical issue but the first is sad to me.

What do you mean by denigration of the town of Burnley?

I was born there but now living abroad have't been able to revisit since 1979.

Is it badly run down in your view?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)