+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This weekend

This weekend

just wish we had a game this weekend, seems so empty and would have loved to build up some momentum.

I know we ridiculously didn’t get out of our group, but why on earth are the League Cup ties on a weekend? They’re usually midweek are they not? It’s stupid cause the League has barely started and already there’s a break and it’s same again in three weeks time for internationals.

Quote Originally Posted by geofoxposse View Post
    just wish we had a game this weekend, seems so empty and would have loved to build up some momentum.
    If you weren't having to kill time in 30 degree sunshine I'd have a little more sympathy. Yes, it's pissing it down here at the moment. 🙂

Quote Originally Posted by geofoxposse View Post
    100% correct mate,the momentum we have built up is killed stone dead.I am only speculating but it would not surprise me if our players have been given time off during this break and that really FN annoys me because you are rewarding failure.

I'm now sure what your are being at as we've won or first two league matches, how is that failure?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    I know we ridiculously didn’t get out of our group, but why on earth are the League Cup ties on a weekend? They’re usually midweek are they not? It’s stupid cause the League has barely started and already there’s a break and it’s same again in three weeks time for internationals.
    I agree with you that the League Cup should be played midweek however the reason it is not is due to our club's playing in Europe.I know there are only two left in now but they do not know that when the fixtures are drawn up.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    I'm now sure what your are being at as we've won or first two league matches, how is that failure?
    Cant understand your post TTT,but you are bored at work and just looking for an argument.You know fine the point i am making,the team have got their feet up because they lost to East Fife,they are being rewarded for that failure,FACT.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    I agree with you that the League Cup should be played midweek however the reason it is not is due to our club's playing in Europe.I know there are only two left in now but they do not know that when the fixtures are drawn up.
    Ah, Europe! I have vague recollections of that - we used to do quite well in that i.i.r.c.? Further, I remember we were starting to get back in it again as well, then decided to sell all of our best players.

For a few week now we know it would be free, why not try to fill it with a friendly against an English team, European strugglers etc.

Did I nt read somewhere that we are having a bounce game with Dundee to give players some game time?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)