+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Positives

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    When does the transfer window close?
    This is inconsequential. Say we take in 1 more player before the window closes... what position do you think we need to strengthen most? I imagine most would say some kind of attacking midfielder. McInnes may get that type of player on loan - they may or may not be any good, but I'm not actually convinced he would play them anyway. I think when Bryson comes back we're going to see a midfield 3 of Ojo, Ferguson and Bryson which is classic McInnes, hard working, try to do this "game management" nonsense, but with no creativity whatsoever. He won't drop Ojo or Ferguson and Bryson is his "big name" so he's most certainly going to play if he's fit. There's no room for a creative, attacking midfielder. Gallagher is in the midfield at the moment but I don't think even he knows what position he's meant to be playing. Wilson should be given a chance alongside Cosgrove, or just in behind him. The whole thing's a shambles and I wouldn't be confident that McInnes dipping into the transfer market again is going to solve it.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I was stupid enough to stay till the end last night and I was surprised how many of the fans who also bothered to stay clapped the team off the park.

As much as afcmad is outnumbered on here
    I think it was actually Rijeka that were given a generous and sporting round if applause at the end 🤔

Where is afcmad. He's not been on for ages 😲

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    This is inconsequential. Say we take in 1 more player before the window closes... what position do you think we need to strengthen most? I imagine most would say some kind of attacking midfielder. McInnes may get that type of player on loan - they may or may not be any good, but I'm not actually convinced he would play them anyway. I think when Bryson comes back we're going to see a midfield 3 of Ojo, Ferguson and Bryson which is classic McInnes, hard working, try to do this "game management" nonsense, but with no creativity whatsoever. He won't drop Ojo or Ferguson and Bryson is his "big name" so he's most certainly going to play if he's fit. There's no room for a creative, attacking midfielder. Gallagher is in the midfield at the moment but I don't think even he knows what position he's meant to be playing. Wilson should be given a chance alongside Cosgrove, or just in behind him. The whole thing's a shambles and I wouldn't be confident that McInnes dipping into the transfer market again is going to solve it.

I was thinking more in terms of sacking McInnes today and giving a new manager nough time to bring in a few players of his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Devanha Red View Post
    I think it was actually Rijeka that were given a generous and sporting round if applause at the end ��

Where is afcmad. He's not been on for ages ��
    Surely he’s not hiding? He’s always the first to throw that accusation about

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    I was thinking more in terms of sacking McInnes today and giving a new manager nough time to bring in a few players of his own.
    Ahhh I see! I think you're dreaming! I don't think there'd be much scope for a new manager bringing players in anyway. I can see a load of players departing already in January though - on performances so far.... Wyner, Leigh, Gallagher will all return to parent clubs, Gleeson will be gone, May will be away, McKenna possibly sold, Wright and Anderson back out on loan

Positives - absolutely none.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Ahhh I see! I think you're dreaming! I don't think there'd be much scope for a new manager bringing players in anyway. I can see a load of players departing already in January though - on performances so far.... Wyner, Leigh, Gallagher will all return to parent clubs, Gleeson will be gone, May will be away, McKenna possibly sold, Wright and Anderson back out on loan
    Of course I'm dreaming, what else is there to do?

Mcinnes is the luckiest AFC manager of all time. No Huns, hearts imploded and Hibs did too. Then the jutes disappeared.

On top of that, Celtic had Ronnie as their manager.

Yet we have a solitary league cup to show for it.

He inherited Hayes and McGinn. Two most dangerous players in the league at one point. Made his selections and tactics straightforward.

He's had plenty of time and we have gone backwards. If he were anywhere else he'd have been scrambling for a job in the old 1st division.

Quote Originally Posted by Devanha Red View Post
    I think it was actually Rijeka that were given a generous and sporting round if applause at the end ��

Where is afcmad. He's not been on for ages ��
    There must have been a lot of Rejika fans in the Dick Donald then.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    The tide has turned Rico. Obviously you'll get your supporter that's just happy to be there but they are few and far between as well and with the way things are going, they'll start to turn as well.

He just doesn't learn. He's not good enough.
    The tide may be turning, but I wouldn't say it had turned.
    However, after Sunday, it may well do.
    But not in the eyes of the man that counts, Stewart Milne

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast