+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Favourite sayings

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Waring View Post
    I have a few but my favourite - and one that often comes to mind reading Millersmad - is from the film, The Outlaw Josey Wales: "Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." I use it all the time!
    Something like that happened to someone who used to work for me who became a mate for a while. He'd gone up to Glasgow to watch the Old Firm derby and got in the Celtic end. Just before the match started he felt this warm liquid running down his leg. He turned round then decided to say nothing.
    Don't ask about when he was in London on an accountancy course and I was going down to the England Wales match and we decided to meet up. We got in the Wales end... that was scary. I've never seen such hatred. We daren't speak to each other. I nodded to him to follow me and took him to the side of the pen we were in. The English were on the other side. I told them we were English and they pulled us over the wall into the English side.
    Last edited by Muchthemillersson; 16-08-2019 at 09:27 PM. Reason: spelling error

Quote Originally Posted by Muchthemillersson View Post
    Something like that happened to someone who used to work for me who became a mate for a while. He'd gone up to Glasgow to watch the Old Firm derby and got in the Celtic end. Just before the match started he felt this warm liquid running down his leg. He turned round then decided to say nothing.
    Don't ask about when he was in London on an accountancy course and I was going down to the England Wales match and we decided to meet up. We got in the Wales end... that was scary. I've never seen such hatred. We daren't speak to each other. I nodded to him to follow me and took him to the side of the pen we were in. The English were on the other side. I told them we were English and they pulled us over the wall into the English side.
    Happened to me when we played at Anfield in the League Cup in 1982. Stood on the kop, a group of about 10 of us, 2 Millers, 2 Liverpool fans and about 6 neutrals when a lovable scouser behind decided to give us a golden shower. Charming!

There’s such a thing as a lovable scouser??

Quote Originally Posted by PokerMillersSwinton View Post
    I see the multies are back attention seeking
    Look, if you don't appreciate that this kind of comment is silly, intimidatory and just going to stop people contributing to the site for fear of this kind of crap please do one. I struggle to find anything you have posted ever on here that anyone would wish to read.

Quote Originally Posted by Godsend.F.C. View Post
    Where did the orange peel/ fruit quote come from Paul ?
    I have heard Steve Evans got rid of a few lemons and avoided a few banana skins along the way !
    It came from the play I had to do for O' Level English, Death of a Salesman by Arthur Miller.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Happened to me when we played at Anfield in the League Cup in 1982. Stood on the kop, a group of about 10 of us, 2 Millers, 2 Liverpool fans and about 6 neutrals when a lovable scouser behind decided to give us a golden shower. Charming!
    That's strange, CAMiller as I was just thinking that Anfield on the Kop in the late 70s was the only place I'd seen blokes doing that.

“I was proud of the lads, they’re all good human beings”

And finally one from the PokerMillerSwinton book of goodwill to all men. Blanche Dubois in A Streetcar Named Desire: "Whoever you are, I have always depended on the kindness of strangers." How true.

‘To be is to do’ (Descartes)

‘To do is to be’ (Sartre)

‘Do-be-do-be-do (Sinatra)

The Thick of It was a great source for some new ones ‘a face like Dot Cotton licking p*ss off a nettle’

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast