+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Favourite sayings

OT: Favourite sayings

I have a few but my favourite - and one that often comes to mind reading Millersmad - is from the film, The Outlaw Josey Wales: "Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." I use it all the time!

Hm, I see this thread hasn't quite yet captured the Millersmad zeitgeist. Here's my second favourite saying penned by a famous Miller and again with resonance for this message board: "You can't eat the orange and throw the peel away - a man is not a piece of fruit."

I remember one from the Royle Family about someone who’s so tight ‘he wouldn’t give you the steam off his own p*ss’

I knew a car dealer in the 80’s who always used to say: 80% of everything I say is 100% the truth.

Love the saying but its hard to cram into a conversation without looking a tw@t

I see the multies are back attention seeking

When I first moved to America, Harry, the guy I shared an apartment with, used to say, when he really needed something to eat, "I'm so sorry hungry my arse is eating my underpants"

Of course, he said "ass" not "arse" but I thought it was unusually creative and 'colorful' for a Yank. Mind you, Harry had just returned from a tour of duty in Vietnam and you learn stuff like that when you're in the military...

That reminds me of 'I could eat an oss'

Go to the foot of our stairs

Raining cats and dogs and I've just stood in a poodle! The kids are sick of that one now.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Waring View Post
    Here's my second favourite saying penned by a famous Miller and again with resonance for this message board: "You can't eat the orange and throw the peel away - a man is not a piece of fruit."
    Where did the orange peel/ fruit quote come from Paul ?
    I have heard Steve Evans got rid of a few lemons and avoided a few banana skins along the way !

Mark Twain : Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.

Could be appropriate in the right place at the right time.

Yogi Berra the baseball player was the best for quotes, he was the first to say “it ain’t over till it’s over”
    But my favourite is “nobody go’s there nowadays, it’s too crowded”

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast