+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: v Spurs

v Spurs

Lineup:-

1Heaton
    27El Mohamady
    40Mings
    22Engels
    3Taylor
    7McGinn
    14Hourihane
    17Trézéguet
    10Grealish
    21El Ghazi
    9Wesley

Substitutes
    6Soares de Paulo
    8Lansbury
    12Steer
    15Konsa
    18Targett
    23Jota
    26Kodjia

Please don't lose your heads Villa faithful! Today we played a G ainst last years champions league runners up. We defended admirably for most of it, have a fantastic keeper and against real rivals, like Bournemouth for example, we will win these games.

What was Jack doing, had he simply cleared, we would have hung on for the draw? Harsh lesson tonight, welcome to the premiership boys!

i liked smith's thinking in the first half but i'd have changed it up in second half, used three man press and break them down higher up the pitch. not downhearted, good to see the refs are just as sh!te in the premiership.

Quote Originally Posted by samhubball View Post
    Please don't lose your heads Villa faithful! Today we played a G ainst last years champions league runners up. We defended admirably for most of it, have a fantastic keeper and against real rivals, like Bournemouth for example, we will win these games.
    Well said, Sam. I'm actually really proud of them - a massive step up for both team and manager, and it was always going to be a toughie. It's the lessons and the skill/fitness improvements that they take from today that are important in the long run. It's something they need to go through to grow. I love this team's spirit and a big thank you to McGinn as your Manager in your other job in Winnie's Warriors.

Yes proud of them but also a little bit disappointed but we will learn..

Jack needs to be playing higher up pitch imo as when he drove forward with ball he looks dangerous every time

Thought the young Brazilian luis looked ok for his cameo

Early days but need to see more from Wes as at times he was back in our half when we countered

Positives to take from a harsh lesson against one of best in div

Been away with the tribe for a week so late with my observations - defensively brilliant and a tad unlucky with the ricochet off Mings to Kane's feet. That said, you make your own luck and Tottenham did just that.

Taylor's best game in a Villa shirt, proud of him, Jack will be kicking himself after that error of judgment on the edge of his own box. Engels, Mings and Heaton superb, McGinn excellent as usual - Wesley will have to adjust quickly to the Prem and in Deano we trust.

Not sure about El Ghazi at this level, looked inconsistent last season and at times he doesn't protect his full back.

Luiz - first touch absolute class under loads of pressure, Conor had a very good game so loads of positives against an established top 4 team.

Kodja for me was a massive disappointment and had me fuming, he looks like he doesn't give a damn about winning back possession and showing for the ball. His first pass was terrible and put us straight on the backfoot when he should be a outlet.

In defence of kodja I heard he got injured but see the rest of game out n is out squad tomorrow !

Agree about luis and thought he looked a menace tbh n defo gonna be a hard one to get passed n a good ball winner.. got some nice options in cm tbh ain’t we

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)