+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: League Cup Dundee v Aberdeen

Quote Originally Posted by Stavrum View Post
    i think physically and emotionally they put a lot into Thursday night, didnt go as we wanted and it has dented the confidence a little. A fighting win to stay in the cup, will do them good. A week to prepare for Killie properly will also help
    We gave up after 30 mins against Rijeka so dont know how much we put into it and for Mcinnes to say Ojo was out on his feet at the end of Sunday's game? He only played 20mins on Thursday nite

i think physically and emotionally they put a lot into Thursday night, didnt go as we wanted and it has dented the confidence a little. A fighting win to stay in the cup, will do them good. A week to prepare for Killie properly will also help

Christ, you're not trying to tell me that they put any effort whatsoever into Thursday are you?

I've never seen a more pathetic display of them not trying a f'uck in all my days, and there have been many many days.
    Last edited by donsdaft; 19-08-2019 at 09:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    A voice of reason.
    Hopefully a chance to work on a few things and get a better performance next week
    Name:  31A1B3F4-219E-479E-9454-B6E16FC82714.jpg
Views: 814
Size:  23.1 KB

Ojo is absolutely dreadful. Do Derby fancy a straight swap for Shinnie. If not we could seal the deal and give them Considine and Gleeson.

They were beyond rotten on Thursday night - we never had a shot on target, barely got anywhere near the opposition box - if that was them putting a lot in I hate to see what would’ve happened if they hadn’t tried at all.

If the players were all drained why did McInnes not make a couple more changes? He could easily have played Wilson and McLennan and possibly Vyner and Campbell and even Wright from the start and given the likes of Logan, hedges, Gallagher, McGinn a break

A fighting win to stay in the cup? I barely witnessed any fight in our team... we got to about 80 minutes and we looked like we weren’t really bothered that we were going out. We scored an equaliser from a free kick lumped into the box - not through any great effort or determination.

I do agree on your final point though that a week to prepare for the next game should do us good and hopefully we’ll put in a better performance as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    13) We didn't deserve to go through, but got very lucky - hopefully it'll give us a bit of confidence back for the next matches.
    It would be interesting to see how many times the word Hopefully is used on any dons message boards or social media pages.
    fk me it does appear as if we really are the description and definition of "hope springs eternal"

Regardless (oh ffs) we continue to live in hope and hopefully one day we will kick on

Quote Originally Posted by nice1simmy View Post
    We gave up after 30 mins against Rijeka so dont know how much we put into it and for Mcinnes to say Ojo was out on his feet at the end of Sunday's game? He only played 20mins on Thursday nite
    good point. Somehow afc1903mad goes from us giving up at 30mins to concentrate on Dundee to us being dead on our feet because of the effort we made. Funny that.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    good point. Somehow afc1903mad goes from us giving up at 30mins to concentrate on Dundee to us being dead on our feet because of the effort we made. Funny that.
    Surely as a former head of youth coach at Barcelona, you can work it out.

Our match against Hertz on Wednesday 25th September. All matches on that night but only Livi v sevco on TV - shocker!!

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast