+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: League Cup Dundee v Aberdeen

League Cup Dundee v Aberdeen

Here we go

I would like to think we can get through this tie against lower league opposition.

Reality though....it could go to penalties

In / oot - oot

Pre match - hoose

Post match - hoose

Result - 0-2

In / Oot - the usual

Furry boots - Ma living room on Red TV Int

Pre - Graft then enjoying ma last day of home alone bachelor life before Mrs Sheep and the kids come back to the pit and shatter ma peace

Post - Still enjoying ma last day of home alone bachelor life before Mrs Sheep and the kids come back to the pit and shatter ma peace

Prediction - 1-0 Dundee

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Here we go

I would like to think we can get through this tie against lower league opposition.

Reality though....it could go to penalties
    There's going to be a lot of pressure on our players and manager - 4 defeats in a row is unthinkable.

I think he'll have to freshen the team up. I think Ferguson is suspended?

He'll see this as a game we need to scrape through, so it'll be a team of battlers that he'll put out. I could see him playing both Main and Cosgrove and playing one of them on the left wing, but claiming afterwards he went with a positive lineup with 2 strikers.

I may change my mind before Sunday but the way my mood is at the moment I fear the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    There's going to be a lot of pressure on our players and manager - 4 defeats in a row is unthinkable.

He'll see this as a game we need to scrape through, so it'll be a team of battlers that he'll put out. I could see him playing both Main and Cosgrove and playing one of them on the left wing, but claiming afterwards he went with a positive lineup with 2 strikers.
    Likely be same as last night with Campbell replacing Ferguson.

Keep it tight, scrape a 1-0.

Gaadz!

If we lose on sunday I'll not be back f0r a couple of months. And I'll cancel my red tv. Shinie does m.y heed in anyway he's am apologist and a bore

massive game in the context of our season.
    A loss would have the "Dons in crisis" headlines out.

After the European run around with 10 men for 75 minutes, and injuries and suspensions to contend with, it's hard to say what the team will be.

I'd go with an attack-minded line up, but I doubt DM will

My X1 would be;

Lewis
    Logan Considine McKenna Leigh
    McGinn Ojo Gallagher Hedges
    Cosgrove Wilson

I think DM is more likely to put Dean Campbell in midfield

Who knows what the score will be.
    I'll say we'll scrape by 2-1 but with no confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros39 View Post
    If we lose on sunday I'll not be back f0r a couple of months. And I'll cancel my red tv. Shinie does m.y heed in anyway he's am apologist and a bore
    I know they are "employed" by the club, but Messrs McDiarmid & Shinie's take on things is embarrassing.
    They were apparently blaming the ref last night, which as straw clutching goes, is top of the class.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post

I know it was a tough ask of Main to come on with half an hour left, in a game that was long gone, but did he actually do anything right in that half hour?
    No touch or control, everything just bounced off him.
    Won little or nothing in the air.
    A complete waste of a jersey.

The trouble is, folk like Wright, Main & McLennan proved last week they aren't up to it
    Maybe that's a bit harsh on McLennan as he's just back from injury, but I'm not convinced by him.
    The other two, my mind is made up. Not good enough

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast