+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hi, lads. How did our boy Eddie Nketiah do?

Quote Originally Posted by CalverleyBoy View Post
    Now Alf play nicely, remember what the therapist said. Perhaps you could tell us how the Burnley's purchases are doing
    Purchases, in Bumley? More likely to be small bags of white powder than anything that will "do a line" on the football pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Ok, I thought he.played well, connected all with Costa and made a good fist of creating uncertainty in the opposition defence. Can he do it against more realistic opposition? We might see if he plays against Wigan.
    Appreciate the reply. He's done it at AFC youth, Eng U18-23s, the Mickey Mouse cup, and pre-season kickabouts against famous Euro sides. (Just don't ask me if they were playing their best players.)

That's what we're hoping to find out. Can he cut it in the Championship, and if so, then kick on to the prem. Thanks, and best of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by norfolk white View Post
    Looked quick and scored a goal I doubt our supposed number one striker bamford would have scored, made a good run and got into the box and was in the right place where a striker is meant to be, high hopes for him.
    Excellent news. When I first posted, saying he's small, so not an old skool no.9, but quick, great finisher and with ability to beat the man out wide, your lad said you make chances but needed someone to score them. So this could be a good fit.

Quote Originally Posted by LeedsFTW View Post
    The goal he scored was was quality, great timing, movement and finishing, up until that point I was starting to wonder what was so special about him to be honest.

He looked lightweight against the Salford lads, though in fairness we weren't creating any 1/2 chances or any decent chances for him to work off.

Conclusion, this game only told us the lad can score when given a chance, but as for his overall game, not much was revealed.
    Cheers. That's basically what we think so far. Let go by Chelsea when about 15 because he was too small. So he will always be lightweight (though apparently he's just started doing weights.) But every now and then his movement, timing, finishing, and ability to beat a full back and get a good cross in remind us of a young, but smaller, Ian Wright.

Long way to go, but seems like that start in the United shirt could have been worse.

I
    Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    P)ss off ..
    now now Alfred be civil. Your affinity for Leeds now appears to extend to controlling who can post.

Looks like Karma at work too c’mon Arsenal
    Last edited by hopelesslyoptimistic; 17-08-2019 at 12:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ganpati23 View Post
    I read he scored against Salford, but did he start and did he play well? Is there any website I can see Leeds goals on? (Like Arsenalist.com for us.)

Do you lot reckon you'll get promoted this year? It would be great to have you back in the top flight - it's been too long.

Is Ellend Road still the cauldron it was when I was a kid? (Our new place is absolutely amazing 2% of the time, eg when we beat Barca coming from behind, but a soulless library the other 98%.)

Develop young Eddie for us and we'll forgive you for the 1972 Cup Final.

All the best.
    Looked good and did what he is there to do which is score goals.

For Leeds goals you can get them on Twitter and Instagram accounts:Leedsgoals and walmottv on instagram

Scores again for under 23's today, typical poachers goal, he can't stop scoring

Some goons think he shouldn't be in our under 23's, as if he's up to speed already to be straight in first team.... One of only 2 recognised forwards, so his time will come sooner rather than later, but this is Championship not Lg2, a big ask for a young lad with barely any 1st team competitive experience. Expect MB and Leeds to be handing you back a better player at end of season... look how we have transformed Harrison

Ganpati the boy is showing signs of becoming a Yorkshire legend.

2 games, 2 goals, good pace and poachers positioning. Sniffer Nketiah!

4 minutes on tonight and scores, the boy is like mustard, start him each week.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)