+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Incident involving Stags players

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I see the brainless online jury have already convicted them.

I would rather leave that to the police and the courts.
    So would I, although the chances of an appropriate verdict are probably about the same!

I see the brainless online jury have already convicted them.

I would rather leave that to the police and the courts.
    Hangings too good for em, bring back national service, this country's going to the dogs etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartlett's Dust View Post
    Hangings too good for em, bring back national service, this country's going to the dogs etc etc.
    Hanging IS too good for them, what they need is a good kick up the arse.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    Well yes it should be left to the police obviously but when the victims know the perpetrators through playing for the same club and have named them as their attackers then I hope they get the book thrown at them. More so that they've been charged in the past for assualts on women, big men them aren't they hurting women and kids. ****ing tw@ts.
    The thing is, I have seen quotes saying that Mellis is confident he will be cleared of taking part in the assault when CCTV is viewed.
    Like everyone else, I don't have the faintest idea whether that's the case or not. That's why comments like "they must go to prison" are ridiculous at this stage, but I'm sure that it won't stop the 'trial by twitter' brigade spouting their usual garbage.

The thing is, I have seen quotes saying that Mellis is confident he will be cleared of taking part in the assault when CCTV is viewed.
    Like everyone else, I don't have the faintest idea whether that's the case or not. That's why comments like "they must go to prison" are ridiculous at this stage, but I'm sure that it won't stop the 'trial by twitter' brigade spouting their usual garbage.
    Innocent till proven guilty is a good phrase and one that should be adhered to I agree but there's often no smoke without fire. The idea of innocent until proven guilty would mean more if innocent people didn't get convicted and guilty people get off (usually the ones who can afford the best lawyers)

Ok then we'll wait to see the results of the investigation but putting that to one side, their history of abusing women makes me really enjoy calling them ****ing tw@ts and what's the chances they did so exactly what they're accused of. We shall see.

"I don't think justice - or employment law - work quite like that. Fortunately"
    We'll have to wait and see then. Ten hours community service should do it and a pay rise. Heaven help us. Have you noticed the epidemic of violent behaviour we're all having to witness on a daily basis? This is a prime and obvious example.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon the Pieman View Post
    "I don't think justice - or employment law - work quite like that. Fortunately"
    We'll have to wait and see then. Ten hours community service should do it and a pay rise. Heaven help us. Have you noticed the epidemic of violent behaviour we're all having to witness on a daily basis? This is a prime and obvious example.
    Your first name is obviously 'Simple'. You actually spoke sense when you said "We'll have to wait and see then", but then you reverted to arsehole mode by talking about 10 hours community service and a pay rise. You then call it "a prime and obvious example". Were you there? Did you see it happen? If the answer to both those questions is 'no', you are simply convicting them on the basis of guesswork.

I am aware that your guess could well be right. If it is they deserve stern punishment, but that punishment should be based on the facts of what actually happened rather than a few posts on social media.

If, as you suggest, the two players should be sacked and go to prison without any investigation, or trial, then you might be better off in North Korea

Given that the prison population now is higher than it's ever been, and violent crime is also increasing, as a deterrent, prison doesn't appear to work currently. The causes of violent crime are an awful lot more complex than not sending enough people to prison. Some of the Scandinavian justice systems show that.

Exactly Elite

Quote Originally Posted by cher1 View Post
    The causes of violent crime are an awful lot more complex than not sending enough people to prison. Some of the Scandinavian justice systems show that.
    This is a good comment. It's about time the causes of crime are looked at more closely and the deprivation in certain areas of society driving it. We have wall to wall bombardment thesedays of what you own is king, how many cars you have, how many holidays you go on, how nice if your house is etc. Then when people from poor areas commit crime as a way to obtain these things society holds so dear, we castigate them for it. Maybe we could work more on equal opportunities especially for those from ethnic backgrounds when they're young so they can see a way out of their environment. Maybe we could work more on the family unit so kids don't feel gangs are their only family and who care about them. Of course none of this will ever happen in a big enough way to affect change unless the ruling classes can make money from it which is what is wrong with the whole system.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast