+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Incident involving Stags players

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    I'll try answer your post the best I can slack. To start with I think the route cause isn't one thing but if I had to have one thing above others I'd say it's inclusion and making children from certain backgrounds feel wanted. For example a kid has a crack head for a mother, dad hasn't seen him for years, no one cares until one of the older kids on his estate throw him twenty quid to get some food, then next ask them to look after a box and give them a hundred quid for doing it then bring them into a unit of people and make them feel wanted for the first time in their life, for that kid it's probably already too late and he could be the next stabbing victim you see on the news. I mean alot of kids now days are getting fed through the schools not even at home and then we wonder why when someone flashes them some cash or love they don't say, 'no sorry I'm going to wait another six years till I finish education then get a job at eight pounds an hour' it's not going to happen.

I don't think being poor is an excuse for criminality and I don't actually agree with that blanket statement anyway, as I said the biggest criminals are often those in power and rich. That's not what I'm saying, I'm saying people from those areas and ethnic backgrounds are far more likely to see crime as a way out of their basically crap life. I do understand why people of an older generation get angry at this because they never had anything either and they worked hard. I'm not making excuses for people I'm trying to see why it happens so the youths go to work today instead of turn to a quick buck. I would say though in response to the generational issue though that work ethic, a strong family background including role models is something some younger people in those areas might not have today. Also and this for me is a massive part of it, in the old days they weren't bombarded wall to wall with images, adverts, TV and society all geared up to what you own. They didn't have crime glamourised in songs, movies and videos. Also the world now is far more me, me, me and let's take a selfie so people just look after themselves, why work hard when you can make five times as much in a life of crime. Also if modern life is so good now then why the ever increasing need for food banks, I mean we've got one of the best economies in the world yet have food banks for people who work full time????!!!!!!! It's wrong you know. Yes some people will always be richer than others, that's capitalism but everyone should have enough to live by and if they don't then we're doing something wrong.

I also think that people are wiser these days through the Internet and TV to just how crooked some of the people in power are. Our society isn't geared up to say those who work the hardest do the best and get the most, that's complete nonsense. If you can see an established elite ruling by nothing more than privilege and their family background telling you how you should behave then you're going to think hypocrites and liars. You could hold Trump and Bojo up to this example if you really wanted to, president and prime minister, how? Because of their strong moral compasses?

You have to get to these kids earlier as in when they're four or five years old and show them a better way through things like community programs or working through the school. Sure it's not going to work with everyone but we have to try something, even one child not killed who could become a decent member of society is better than what we're doing. It's easy to say they're problem, they're responsibility but I just don't think like that, I think we all have a responsibility to care for each other deep down.

Anyway that was really hard to write on a mobile so it may be my last contribution ha ha.
    That's a pretty good post and I agree with a lot of it.

I've lived in quite a few different countries and in my opinion the UK certainly has a problem with violence, both violent crime and casual violence. Whether it's cultural, inequality related, alcohol or substance related or all three I don't know but something is wrong.

The Gini coefficient which is explained in the link is quite a compelling explanation. I tend to agree with Soccerman that out prisons are too lax and our punishments not severe enough, but that alone can't be the solution otherwise South American countries where the prisons sound hellish would have no crime.

https://youtu.be/M3XYHPAwBzE

Name:  ECV2EqdW4AAT0x4.jpg
Views: 1281
Size:  92.1 KB

This seems to be the appropriate response from Mansfailed. Acknowledges the seriousness of the allegations, if unsubstantiated they can reinstate, if convicted, I suppose they would have a disciplinary, and potentially kick them out.

Great second half comeback by newly promoted Leyton orient tonight

Quote Originally Posted by bridpie78 View Post
    Great second half comeback by newly promoted Leyton orient tonight
    Early days but certainly not the start Stags would hope for.

They seem to be leaking a lot of goals, discipline issues and so on.

Plenty of time to turn the ship around yet, but an encouraging start to the season from my perspective!

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Your first name is obviously 'Simple'. You actually spoke sense when you said "We'll have to wait and see then", but then you reverted to arsehole mode by talking about 10 hours community service and a pay rise. You then call it "a prime and obvious example". Were you there? Did you see it happen? If the answer to both those questions is 'no', you are simply convicting them on the basis of guesswork.

I am aware that your guess could well be right. If it is they deserve stern punishment, but that punishment should be based on the facts of what actually happened rather than a few posts on social media.
    I find this reply extremely insulting and offensive. Have I insulted you? No.
    Have you sunk to a new level? Yes.
    Am I entitled to an opinion? Yes.
    Will I be taking this further? You bet.

The problem with hiring an unproven manager is that they need time to gain experience, but time is the one thing they don't have. If they don't hit the ground running, fans quickly lose faith and want them replaced, whereas an experienced manager would be afforded more patience based on past successes.

That's why their new manager was such a strange choice. Why sack an experienced manager who missed out on automatic promotion by a whisker and replace him with a compete unknown? It seems Notts aren't the only club who make bizarre decisions like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon the Pieman View Post
    Elite could be in for a pay rise!

Quote Originally Posted by Simon the Pieman View Post
    Just call him an arsehole back. Loved the "You bet" bit.
    ps. Never works by the way but doesn't half make you feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Just call him an arsehole back. Loved the "You bet" bit.
    ps. Never works by the way but doesn't half make you feel better.
    Won't lower myself to his (or her) level. I've already written formerly to footymad's CEO. Online abuse is pretty serious, just ask Paul Pogba. It does come to something when you can't make a comment without being abused or, heaven forbid, receiving a courteous and constructive reply. Cowardice I'd call it. It will also indicate whether the board is moderated or not. I'll keep you informed.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast