Get your very own personalised Views from the Kop gifts!
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 106

Thread: Incident involving Stags players

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    6,901

    Incident involving Stags players

    Very nasty assault on a young lad - two of their players were arrested in the early hours of today (allegedly of course).

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    3,339
    Quote Originally Posted by cher1 View Post
    Very nasty assault on a young lad - two of their players were arrested in the early hours of today (allegedly of course).
    https://www.stagsnet.net/phpBB3/view...febb89e05a3411

    Rumour has it the 2 Stags players attacked 2 anti 'Dumpster' fans. You know their manager promoted from the youth team - a bit a la Kiwomya...

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    6,157

    Stags Players

    Quote Originally Posted by pravda_plc View Post
    https://www.stagsnet.net/phpBB3/view...febb89e05a3411

    Rumour has it the 2 Stags players attacked 2 anti 'Dumpster' fans. You know their manager promoted from the youth team - a bit a la Kiwomya...
    Name:  fight.jpg
Views: 4359
Size:  62.3 KB

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    5,072
    Both of them have previous assault charges on their records (both for beating up women, lovely blokes) so they seem to think on Stagsnet there's a decent chance they might do time for this. As they should to be honest.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    5,478
    Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    Both of them have previous assault charges on their records (both for beating up women, lovely blokes) so they seem to think on Stagsnet there's a decent chance they might do time for this. As they should to be honest.
    After the hammering we have taken from their fan base following our relegation they wont be getting any sympathy from me. Aside from the young lad hope hes on the mend nothing would make me laugh more than for Mansfield to have an entirely awful season...other than Florist having a worse one. Shaping up nicely at the moment!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    5,326
    That is shocking! Whether they do time or not, surely they'll be sacked.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    5,326
    Have best season in ages thanks largely to Forest loanees, sack manager, appoint someone with zero experience, players lose discipline and start the season slowly, fans start calling for new manager's head... It's like a Hardy/Trew mash-up.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    3,777
    Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    After the hammering we have taken from their fan base following our relegation they wont be getting any sympathy from me. Aside from the young lad hope hes on the mend nothing would make me laugh more than for Mansfield to have an entirely awful season...other than Florist having a worse one. Shaping up nicely at the moment!
    The majority of Stags fans Iíve seen post on here and elsewhere have wished us well. Obviously thereís the odd nobíead but weíve got our fair share of those too!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    6,901
    I don't have strong feelings about the Stags and I know some decent people who support them. They do seem a bit obsessed with us though - there's a thread on stagsnet about Notts that's 123 pages long that had been viewed over 310,000 times

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    The majority of Stags fans Iíve seen post on here and elsewhere have wished us well. Obviously thereís the odd nobíead but weíve got our fair share of those too!
    Yep. Pretty sure I've only ever wished you lot well and not taken the mick when I had plenty of ammunition.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    5,326
    Quote Originally Posted by cher1 View Post
    I don't have strong feelings about the Stags and I know some decent people who support them. They do seem a bit obsessed with us though - there's a thread on stagsnet about Notts that's 123 pages long that had been viewed over 310,000 times
    Bloody hell, that's like everyone in Mansfield viewing it three times. Scary.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    9,069
    Quote Originally Posted by Stagnificent View Post
    Yep. Pretty sure I've only ever wished you lot well and not taken the mick when I had plenty of ammunition.
    Not even the occasional post with a hint of gloating and secret joy at our demise 🤔

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    6,901
    Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Bloody hell, that's like everyone in Mansfield viewing it three times. Scary.
    The thread about Chesterfield (they're both on the front page) is 226 pages long and has been viewed more than 868,000 times!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,806
    I have absolutely no problem with rival teams throwing pelters at each other when given the opportunity. Itís how it should be, there are way too many sensitive little souls these days, just give as good as you get is what I say!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,719
    Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    I have absolutely no problem with rival teams throwing pelters at each other when given the opportunity. Itís how it should be, there are way too many sensitive little souls these days, just give as good as you get is what I say!
    Pretty much agree with that sentiment. A bit of rivalry is good.

    That assault (alleged) looks aweful. If it was the two players and it was unprovoked they should probably be sacked. I say probably only because we donít know the full facts.

  16. #16
    Gives the game a bad name. Sack them and they must go to prison.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,440
    Whatís happened to innocent until proven guilty? We donít know the facts yet.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    6,901
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon the Pieman View Post
    Gives the game a bad name. Sack them and they must go to prison.
    I don't think justice - or employment law - work quite like that. Fortunately.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    24,406
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon the Pieman View Post
    Gives the game a bad name. Sack them and they must go to prison.
    I see the brainless online jury have already convicted them.

    I would rather leave that to the police and the courts.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,494
    Well yes it should be left to the police obviously but when the victims know the perpetrators through playing for the same club and have named them as their attackers then I hope they get the book thrown at them. More so that they've been charged in the past for assualts on women, big men them aren't they hurting women and kids. ****ing tw@ts.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •