+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: V Bournemouth

V Bournemouth

2nd game in and A must win! 41,000 sell out. So many debuts, it has to click.
    Im going to stick my neck out and say 2-1 to us.
    My Team:
    Heaton
    Elmo
    Elgens
    Mings
    Targett
    Hourihane
    Mcginn
    Grealish
    Trezequet
    Algazhi
    Wesley

I think Taylor did more than enough to keep his place in this one. There was something like 20 successful crosses from the left against spurs, so Elmo has to make way for Guilbert for me, as Fraser plays on the left of the attacking 3 for Bournemouth.

I think it'll be a tight game, but the VP Crowd will be the 12th man.

I'd love Wesley to score on his home debut and quiet down the neigh sayers about him.

I think defensively we were very very good in the middle of the defence against Spuds and dealt with a lot.

I'd like Luiz to start too

Heaton
    Taylor
    Engels
    Mings
    Guilbert

Luiz
    McGinn
    Grealish

Jota
    Trez

Wes

Well no disrespect to Bournemouth but these are the games we should be winning (especially at home)

Think it’ll be same team starting that started against spurs although would like to see luis and guilbert start.

This is Wesley’s game to make his mark and think score will be 2-0 wesley n Jack 😃

Just heard on Facebook that Wesley hasn't travelled to VP 👀😳👀😳👀

Quote Originally Posted by samhubball View Post
    Just heard on Facebook that Wesley hasn't travelled to VP ����������
    There’s a picture of him arriving on Instagram.....

Yep he’s arrived late.. smith might make an example n bench him eh

Luiz starts for CH.

Gilbert not in the match 18 again. Not injured, mmmm maybe summat’s afoot?

Just ones change from spurs then in luis

Come on villa

Played well and unlucky. Don't lose you heads

Glass half full - Heaton won't make too many of those, wasn't luck though - blatant pen, 2nd goal goes in off the post and it's a different game had it rattled the woodwork - but, a very good strike nonetheless, again not luck.

Luiz excellent, couldn't be shaken off the ball with 2 on him and what a strike!

Good build-up football but.....

Glass half empty - Bournemouth in the final third looked far more threatening despite all our possession and pressure. Some of Jack's deliveries were terrible, El Ghazi not beating his man, getting caught offside and no overlap from Taylor. Jota sloppy with his passing after looking strong in pre-season, Wesley huffed & puffed. Clearly the football gods were smiling on the Cherries today allowing them to sit back and let us have the ball - there's a long way to go.

Back to half full - we haven't seen Targett, Guilbert, Konsa or Nakamba yet!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)