+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Team vs Wrexham

Team vs Wrexham

Feels like a big selection for Ardley tomorrow, with an important decision to make on his skipper, the formation and potentially having a fully fit squad to choose from.

Ardley generally favours his own signings but the climb down from this (starting Dennis and the previously un-favoured Osborne for the first time) on Tuesday resulted in a win and our best performance of the season. Good move to change the system too.

As much as Doyle really shouldn’t walk back in, but he’s played every minute under Ardley so unfortunately I think he’ll change it around to accommodate him - which would apply a lot of pressure as it wouldn’t be a popular move. Also think if fit O’Brien will come back in, but I’d agree with this - though I’d bring him in as a straight swap for Rose (poor in every game this season), rather than changing the formation.

Also there’s Wes Thomas to consider after a full week’s training, but I thought Dennis/Tyson worked well in the 4-4-2 at Harrogate.

What I’d play:

Slocombe
    Kelly-Evans Rawlinson Turner Bakayogo

Osborne O’Brien Booty Enzio

Tyson Dennis

Subs: Fitzsimons, Graham/Bird, Rose, Thomas, Doyle.

What I think he’ll play:

Slocombe
    Rose Rawlinson Turner Bakayogo/McCrory

O’Brien Doyle Booty

Enzio Dennis/Thomas Tyson

Subs: Fitzsimons, Graham, Bakayogo/McCrory, DKE, Thomas/Dennis.

Ditto on all of that!

This is the team Ardley will pick:

Slocombe

Kelly Evans, Rawlinson, Turner, McCrory, Bakayogo

Rose, Doyle, O’Brien

Tyson, Thomas

I hope he sticks with the 442 and doesn't change the lineup too much.

My team would be-
    Slocombe
    Rose, Rawlinson, Turner, McCrory
    Osbourne, O’Brien, Booty, Enzio
    Dennis, Tyson

I don’t think we have the energy in the team to make 3-5-2 work.
    Rose hasn’t overly impressed so far but would add some extra height at the back.
    That said I think a settled back line is ***** to this season.

Wrexham fans expect them to go 433. Doyle doesn't really deserve to walk back in to a winning team and I think Ardley will hold off from it but will put O'Brien in if he's fit.

Slocombe
    Kelly Evans, Rawlinson, Turner, Bakayogo
    (Osbourne) Rose, O'Brien, Booty, Enzio
    Tyson,Dennis

Subs, Fitz, Doyle, Graham, Thomas, Osbourne
    Osbourne to start if O'Briens not fit.

Think it will be a right game, 1-1 draw.

I agree with comments about Rose and do think he could drop into RB.

Regarding Doyle, he’s not been great but I’ve mentioned before that I think he has suffered from our sluggish front line not having the same quickness of mind that he has. Dennis looks just like the type of player Doyle likes to have in front of him so I would be interested to see how that panned out.

I haven’t seen Osborne play but from what I have seen on video and reports from Harrogate game he offers more of an attacking threat on the right than Kelly-Evans has shown so far so would stick with him.

I’d prefer to stick to a 442 but probably need to match Wrexham’s 433 if that’s the way they go. A midfield of Doyle, JOB and Booty in this league should be more than enough for any game.

Not sure Tyson should even make the bench.

So 433

Slocombe
    Rose Turner Rawlinson Bakayogo
    JOB Doyle Booty
    Osborne Dennis Enzio

Subs: Fitz, Kelly-Evans, Graham, Thomas, McCrory

Final note on Slocombe, how good does it feel to finally have confidence in a keeper again!

No doubt he will drop Osbourne, regardless of how well he played against Harrogate..

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    No doubt he will drop Osbourne, regardless of how well he played against Harrogate..
    ^^^This...If Ardley doesn't give Ozzie another chance he's a t**t...

Unless O’Brien is fit, I’d stick with the team from midweek. However, Doyle will walk back into the team even if it means changing formation to accommodate him. I suspect Osborne will make way for him but hope I’m wrong!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast