+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Team vs Wrexham

Firstly stick with a winning side.

Secondly if Doyle gets straight back in it’s a disgrace.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Firstly stick with a winning side.

Secondly if Doyle gets straight back in it’s a disgrace.
    Totally agree

We always seem most comfortable playing 4-4-2, but we really need Mitch Rose to start playing like he did last season in the centre of the park.

I suspect Ardley will tinker and go to a 4-3-3, with either Doyle or O’Brien coming in and Osborne dropping to the bench. The other question is whether Thomas will come in for Tyson (I think he’ll still be on the bench).

Quote Originally Posted by freemuzzy View Post
    Feels like a big selection for Ardley tomorrow, with an important decision to make on his skipper, the formation and potentially having a fully fit squad to choose from.

Ardley generally favours his own signings but the climb down from this (starting Dennis and the previously un-favoured Osborne for the first time) on Tuesday resulted in a win and our best performance of the season. Good move to change the system too.

As much as Doyle really shouldn’t walk back in, but he’s played every minute under Ardley so unfortunately I think he’ll change it around to accommodate him - which would apply a lot of pressure as it wouldn’t be a popular move. Also think if fit O’Brien will come back in, but I’d agree with this - though I’d bring him in as a straight swap for Rose (poor in every game this season), rather than changing the formation.

Also there’s Wes Thomas to consider after a full week’s training, but I thought Dennis/Tyson worked well in the 4-4-2 at Harrogate.

What I’d play:

Slocombe
    Kelly-Evans Rawlinson Turner Bakayogo

Osborne O’Brien Booty Enzio

Tyson Dennis

Subs: Fitzsimons, Graham/Bird, Rose, Thomas, Doyle.

What I think he’ll play:

Slocombe
    Rose Rawlinson Turner Bakayogo/McCrory

O’Brien Doyle Booty

Enzio Dennis/Thomas Tyson

Subs: Fitzsimons, Graham, Bakayogo/McCrory, DKE, Thomas/Dennis.
    Oh dear. Even worse than I feared, with 4 changes to a winning team, O’Brien not starting and two players out of position - one of whom, Booty, has been shunted to the wing (ahead of actual winger Osborne) to accommodate the grimly inevitable return of Doyle. McCrory replacing Bakayogo is another baffling change that weakens us.

We’ve now got a midfield two of a 38 year old who’s not had a good game since February, and comfortably our worst player in the first 4 games.

Feels like Ardley’s (unnecessarily) put his neck on the line with this selection. Hope it works, I really do because today was a great chance to build momentum ahead of two very winnable games vs Ebbsfleet and Chorley.
    Last edited by freemuzzy; 18-08-2019 at 01:58 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12