+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New season, same old guff

New season, same old guff

We may only be a few games in but the signs don't look good and you just wonder, what's the point?

It's just so, so ****ing scunnering to realise that we are yet again basically going to be relying on other teams being less ****e than we are to keep us in the league this season. That is where we are at now under Robinson and his latest squad of mediocre, sub standard players. It's even worse this season because he recruited so many of them in a short space of time over the summer and bar Gallagher, they all look hopeless and one of them looks like he'll never play. As a club we can't afford that sort of poor business by the same manager two years running, as it will drive the support away in their hundreds.

I know it's early days, but there is nothing about that team that suggests we are going to be anything other than ****e this season and the only thing that will keep the heat off Robinson will be if we do what we did last season and every now and again pull an unexpected result out of the bag, ie. the 3-0 win against Aberdeen, the 1-0 win against Hibs, the draws at home against Rangers and Celtic...results which just kicked the can down the road and kept Robinson in a job. We will do nothing in the Scottish Cup either as as sure as night follows day we will be paired with a Premiership side or a high flying Championship side in the first round we enter and there is no David Turnbull waiting in the wings this time around to save the season and give the support something to be excited or positive about. All we've got to look forward to is a season of bottom feeding dross with a tactically inept manager and a squad full of ****e.

Bleak, bleak times.

No doubt we'll scramble a few good results through the course of the season and keep the wolf from the door. But as you say, it is unlikely to inspire.

Watched Kilmarnock against the Accies today they both looked like they could have played for a week without scoring although Kilmarnock are rumoured to be in for Lafferty. We need to get an out and out centre forward in pronto if we want to remain in the league at the end of the season

You're not necessarily wrong but this is where we've been for the vast, vast majority of our 130-odd year existence. If you don't, won't or can't accept this Motherwell clearly isn't the club for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome_Devil View Post
    You're not necessarily wrong but this is where we've been for the vast, vast majority of our 130-odd year existence. If you don't, won't or can't accept this Motherwell clearly isn't the club for you.
    Handsome_Devil don’t know who are referring to in your post but I have followed and supported Motherwell for over 50 years. Through the good times and the bad times and always will. I am just stating my opinion as a fan as to where our deficiencies are in the team and the consequences if we don’t rectify them as soon as possible .

I think he was referring to me.

I have supported Motherwell FC long enough to know not to expect us to be a regular top half of the table club, however at the same time I don't think we should meekly accept it when we are abysmal, which we have been now for well over a year. The football we are playing is dreadful, the tactics are dreadful and the managers signings have largely been dreadful. I do not believe that what Stephen Robinson and his team (s) serve up is the best we can hope for.

When you shop in the bargain basement of various European leagues you ain't gonna unearth gems all the time ... however, this season's signings presently look the worst of all to date.
    Hylton - just go man.
    Seedorf - look up sand dancer in the Oxford dictionary and you'll see him as the description.
    Cole - no wonder his faither keeps changing his forename.
    Illic - why!?!?!

That's it exactly. At the level we operate at we are not always going to make signings who will be successful, but the sign of a good manager and a good scouting system is that they make at least *some* good signings for areas of the team that needed strengthened.

Now, Declan Gallagher looks the part and will be a very good signing for us I think, Liam Polworth also has potential, but we have known now for eigh**** months now that the front line and the midfield/wings need addressed. Last summer Robinson failed miserably and so far this summer things don't look good.

Seedorf: Hopeless. Lightweight and can't beat his name. No use to us.

Hylton: Hopeless. Can't beat a man and doesn't track back. Having a winger like that is a 'luxury' we can't afford.

Long: Took his goal well last night but doesn't look any better than Main, Johnson or Scott. It also appears that he won't even be first pick, another 12-18 signing?

Ilic: Garbage. Enough said.

Sloth: does he even exist???

We simply cannot go on with a manager who fails to make the right signings time after time and plays a brand of football that is awful to watch as that will drive the support away in their hundreds.

I was indeed referring to LSM.

There's always a difference between the immediate side and their results and the big picture. We look to have had a duff summer and could be in for a dire season, absolutely. On the other hand, in the last quarter century we've been second three times, third another three, reached four cup finals and had goodness knows how many top half finishes. The club has as strong a community system as it ever has, a brilliant youth system and is financially stable in the medium term.

You may not want to admit this is as good as it gets but the reality is this is a golden era for us. If you are so utterly, utterly unhappy and frustrated at where we are now you will never, ever be happy...and if your hobby promises only misery, pessimism and negativity, I don't see why you waste your time with it.
    Last edited by Handsome_Devil; 18-08-2019 at 10:02 AM. Reason: Mucked around on phone!

The only signings that show any potential are Gallagher and Polworth both have played in and understand the Scottish football game. Why as a club are we signing players from English lower leagues or non league clubs who are obviously unfit or injured and have no concept of the Scottish game. There are plenty of good quality players in the Scottish leagues who would improve our current team and would already be up to speed of what the task in hand involves.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)