+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: My ist ever diet.

My ist ever diet.

Never had a weight problem but since taking early retirement , my weight has crept up from 12.5 stone to 16 st 3 lbs.
    We never each junk food, but due to my joint problems can no exercise last time i went swimming my hip popped out and i can discolate my knee turning over in bed.
    So 10 weeks ago cut drinking 2 pints a milk a day ,gave up the booze years ago, cut down to one slice of bread and no custards .
    My weight this morning is 13 st 13lbs. Last week my doctor was pleased, first time for years blood pressure normal.

When I were a lad at junior school i never really saw a really overweight kid or teacher. There was perhaps one in the class but that was about it. But today, my god, every third woman i see in Oldbury is a great big wobbling beast. They should get back to proper cooking and stop hanging around fried chicken shops

My missus is very slim but had very high cholesterol.

My youngest daughter was fat due to a bad diet.

Four years ago they both started to watch their SATURATED fat content in everything they eat.

It’s not the fat per 100g of food you eat it’s the SATURATED percentage of that fat......all food labels show you both.

An adult male who’s inactive should eat no more than 25-30g of saturates per day.....20g per day is preferable.

My wife is nearly 63 and is a size 8 in most things and weighs 8 stone 10 and has an acceptable level of cholesterol which has dropped from 9.6 to around 5.8 and my daughter has been a size 6 to 8 for the last three years and now weighs around 8 stone rather than 12 stone.

Neither of them exercise but have simply cut out sugary fizzy drinks,crisps ( low fat are okay ) and SATURATED fat.

It’s the saturated fat that kills you and piles on the weight.

Crikey! I was looking forward to knocking work on the head but not so sure now!
    I vary between 10 stone and 10 stone 7 though many years back I pushed up towards 11 stone 7 for a spell.

Crikey! I was looking forward to knocking work on the head but not so sure now!
    I vary between 10 stone and 10 stone 7 though many years back I pushed up towards 11 stone 7 for a spell.

Ten years ago my brother had a serious heart problem and he insisted I go for a cholesterol check. It came back at a sky High 8.6 (and also identified I had type 2 diabetes and an under active thyroid.) I changed my diet and was put on statins.Level is now 3.8.
    High cholesterol can be a genetic. My advice go and get it checked.

Started to diet in February of this year as I had slowly piled on the pounds since retiring due to the simple fact I can be a right greedy git. Can't eat a few Pringles have to eat the tube. Can't eat a few chocolate buttons have to eat the bag etc. I'm only 5ft 7in and I had reached just short of 13 stones which is ridiculous for my height. When I was running 3 and four times a week I could maintain a healthy weight, but I am afraid running is out of the question now due to severe arthritis of the lower back and in the feet. So I did the Slimming World diet with the wife and daughter (I did not go to the meetings though) and I am now back to my fighting weight of 10st 7lbs. To celebrate I had a sausage and egg McMuffin this morning for breakfast with one of our grandkids and as soon as I had finished it I wanted another one. The greed is still there I am afraid but I am determined not to go to bo**ocks again as its bloody hard to get it off in your sixties with only a minimum of exercise.

Great effort JD. The best thing about Slimming World is you can eat as much as you like so long as you avoid them SYNs.

Yea but the syns are the best stuff.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)