+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No game plan whatsoever

No game plan whatsoever

Turned off after the third goal, can't handle anymore of that gutless performance. We literally had no game plan whatsoever today well it certainly looked like that to me anyway. Our defence including one of our only positives from last season the centre backs all look terrible especially Krafth at rb, Almiron doesn't exist and my god I wish we had spent £40m on Pukki instead of Joelinton at least he Fu(king wants it. Hayden played decent but lacks creativity I hate having Ritchie on the pitch and I usually stand by Shelvey but I'm loosing patience with him. He spends more time pointing at players to pass to rather that wanting it himself. Anyway that's my rant done, it's gonna be a long hard season. #ashleyout

Our 5 man midfield was out played by there 4 :|

We didn't look like we knew what we were supposed to do.

It looked like the only plan we had was hold the ball just long enough for, an isolated, Joelinton to get 2 or 3 defenders on his back. Then hoof it towards him and hope it sticks or it gets deflected into our path. Playing 5311 we end up tripping over our selves in midfield, there is no need for opposition to close us down as we are denying ourselves space and have no real out ball. Suppose that is to be expected when our head coach says " I am not one for tactics" FFS thats your only job !

It shows the difference of quality between Rafa and Bruce. Rafa would of set up this team with a plan for beating Norwich, Instead of 10 players running around looking like they had no idea what a football was.

Quote Originally Posted by malamoto View Post
    It looked like the only plan we had was hold the ball just long enough for, an isolated, Joelinton to get 2 or 3 defenders on his back. Then hoof it towards him and hope it sticks or it gets deflected into our path. Playing 5311 we end up tripping over our selves in midfield, there is no need for opposition to close us down as we are denying ourselves space and have no real out ball. Suppose that is to be expected when our head coach says " I am not one for tactics" FFS thats your only job !
    Oh my day's did he seriously say that? I think we have to much of the same in midfield yeah Shelvey can pick a pass but he doesn't want the ball enough to do it and half the time the other players don't read them anyway. I honestly thought we'd of turned them over yesterday and we got completely played off the park.

Sorry that may of been a bit misleading He never said that yesterday after the match but he did say it not long after been given the job.

It's more defensive than last season...as in 10 men standing behind the ball...but without doing any actual defending!!!

Quote Originally Posted by malamoto View Post
    Sorry that may of been a bit misleading He never said that yesterday after the match but he did say it not long after been given the job.
    It doesn't matter when he said it, that's just something you shouldn't be hearing coming out of any coaches mouth lol.

No gameplan again

After the Villa defeat I mentioned on here what they were saying about Bruce.He goes a goal down and then just puts a load of forwards on with no shape to the team and tries to nick a goal.How apt this was for yesterday.
    He is clueless and I dont give a fùck how he has more pts at this stage this season than Rafa had last or the facts he loves the club and is a Geordie.The man isnt good enough and needs to go because if he is still here in May we WILL be playing Championship football next season.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)