+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Let the Relegation Battle

Quote Originally Posted by Ragatino View Post
    Watford at home is a must win. The writing is on the wall already if we lose that one; or even take just a point, Bruce will have to go before November if we stand any chance of staying up. Lessons need to be learned from McClown's tenure
    Agreed but they won't be.

He'll be given time and then new players in Jan (not one's he'll have picked mind). Then we'll go down.

The Fat **** doesn't really learn lessons.

Do narcissists learn from their mistakes? In their world, they don't make any!

That 50% pay rise Rafa wanted and enuff freedom to build a squad to compete looks like an offer of a life time at the minute
    Last edited by ranat22; 18-08-2019 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ranat22 View Post
    That 50% pay rise Rafa wanted and enuff freedom to build a squad to compete looks like an offer of a life time at the minute
    It was. The only problem was that Ashley's ego got in the way.

Quote Originally Posted by ranat22 View Post
    100% mate.

And they still would have saved money just by buying Rondon too.

Pretty sure he was set to have the current new signings forced on him anyway which was probably part of the problem.

He is being proved right so far.

Its a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Sclox View Post
    100% mate.

And they still would have saved money just by buying Rondon too.

Pretty sure he was set to have the current new signings forced on him anyway which was probably part of the problem.

He is being proved right so far.

Its a joke.
    Absolutely 100%. league table looks interesting..not!

Kennedy was brazilian as well. it looks like they tend to go undercover when things get tough.

Anyone heard from Ghost yet. Looking forward to his analysis of the game.

I was thinking about Ghost as well. He seems to have disappeared again. Lovely.

I haven't disappeared. I've been to a wedding so I can't give too much input about this game other than what I seen on match of the day and the usual write ups.

I'm not about to place anything on a season by using two matches as any yardstick, though.
    People can feel free to batter Bruce's set up or call him clueless and every other thing. They can relegate the club after two games if they see this as their end of season depression rolled into just a few weeks.
    That's every fans right to voice an opinion....good....bad or indifferent.

I'm not going big up Steve Bruce or any underperforming player or players but equally at this very time I'm also not going to make dire predictions. My prediction stays the same until the season dictates otherwise...and that is, I believe we'll finish 9th.

Why do I think this?
    I believe we will come good. It might take some time and be hit and miss but ti think it'll be similar for most teams in the premier league over the course of the season, so I'm certainly not panicking.

A couple of games into a season does not tell any story of the season for any club.
    I'm certainly far from happy about the defeat at Norwich but then again I saw enough of them to know they were a real offensive threat and were at home, which is rarely a happy hunting ground, anyway.

It's easy to pick apart lots of stuff about the game for those who saw the full match.
    Some fans will seen nothing but gloom from it and for the season.
    Some will see a mixture of positives and negatives.
    And some will most likely try and match up managerial efforts of Bruce and Benitez before him.

I see a squad that has to adapt to a new set up and a new chapter. I will hang back from being a critic until another half a dozen games give me a better clue as to what's working or what isn't.

So here's a little bit of negativity and plenty of positivity from my side.

Negative.
    We are third bottom on zero points after two games after spending a few quid on additions.

Ok, the positives.
    Villa are 4th bottom on zero points after spending a kings ransom.

We are only 1 point behind Chelsea after playing the same number of games.
    We are only 4 points behind Man City after playing the same number of games.

And guess what?
    We are only 4 points behind 3rd place and we've started the season off playing fairly badly and a bit disorganised.
    Imagine what we can potentially gain if we get better organised and start to play better?

I'm staying positive for now. There's far too much negativity about the club, so I'm going to play positive mind on it.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    I haven't disappeared. I've been to a wedding so I can't give too much input about this game other than what I seen on match of the day and the usual write ups.

I'm not about to place anything on a season by using two matches as any yardstick, though.
    People can feel free to batter Bruce's set up or call him clueless and every other thing. They can relegate the club after two games if they see this as their end of season depression rolled into just a few weeks.
    That's every fans right to voice an opinion....good....bad or indifferent.

I'm not going big up Steve Bruce or any underperforming player or players but equally at this very time I'm also not going to make dire predictions. My prediction stays the same until the season dictates otherwise...and that is, I believe we'll finish 9th.

Why do I think this?
    I believe we will come good. It might take some time and be hit and miss but ti think it'll be similar for most teams in the premier league over the course of the season, so I'm certainly not panicking.

A couple of games into a season does not tell any story of the season for any club.
    I'm certainly far from happy about the defeat at Norwich but then again I saw enough of them to know they were a real offensive threat and were at home, which is rarely a happy hunting ground, anyway.

It's easy to pick apart lots of stuff about the game for those who saw the full match.
    Some fans will seen nothing but gloom from it and for the season.
    Some will see a mixture of positives and negatives.
    And some will most likely try and match up managerial efforts of Bruce and Benitez before him.

I see a squad that has to adapt to a new set up and a new chapter. I will hang back from being a critic until another half a dozen games give me a better clue as to what's working or what isn't.

So here's a little bit of negativity and plenty of positivity from my side.

Negative.
    We are third bottom on zero points after two games after spending a few quid on additions.

Ok, the positives.
    Villa are 4th bottom on zero points after spending a kings ransom.

We are only 1 point behind Chelsea after playing the same number of games.
    We are only 4 points behind Man City after playing the same number of games.

And guess what?
    We are only 4 points behind 3rd place and we've started the season off playing fairly badly and a bit disorganised.
    Imagine what we can potentially gain if we get better organised and start to play better?

I'm staying positive for now. There's far too much negativity about the club, so I'm going to play positive mind on it.
    Thats a big relief then.

For a minute I thought we were in deep shiit.

You can put as much spin on it as you want but everyone else can see the dire situation we are in. Fair enough we are only 2 games in for every team but we aren't going to get any better whilst others are.
    Bruce is only going to struggle more and more with team set up and tactics and from what i observed was that the players didn't seem interested in parts of the game after all this talk by them of better atmosphere, better dialogue etc etc.
    No positives for me and we will be cast adrift fairly quickly.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)