+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Burton Albion Post Match Thoughts

Cracking day out. Pity about the football, but a wins a win. Glad to see Warne does have a plan B and put 4 in midfield as we were being out numbered again. We've got to get used to poor football and referees in this league.

How poor was our passing today, I don't know how long their team has been together but they found each other easier than we did. We rode our luck with them hitting the woodwork a couple of times but at least the luck is going for us for a change. I still think we are too narrow with the front 3 not really gelling.
    Iversen. Very happy with him a far better keeper than Rodak comes out catches and commands his area.
    Osalunde. Good game, still a lot to learn got wrong side of their man early doors when he hit the bar but looked comfortable and good going forward.
    Ihekwe. Solid performance, won all the headers.
    Wood. Played well, I'm not a big fan but he did well today.
    Robertson. Did what he had to do but wasted at full back.
    Barlaser. Where oh where is the player from the first half at Chessy. Got caught in possession constantly, picked one good pass all match. Unless he improves I'd send him back
    Crooks. Not the player we saw last year looked slow and gave the ball away cheaply.
    Wiles. Best of the midfield and looked better when moved further up.
    Ladapo. Didn't really hit it off today, had no service again, he needs balls to run onto.
    Smith. As last week, not the Smudge we know and love, looks a yard slower than last season.
    Vassel. Man of match for me, battled, look sharp and was a constant threat.
    Of the subs, Lyndsey looked to have some football in him, I'd play him in front of Barlaser.
    Mcdonald, jury's still out for me on him.
    Proctor. Looked sharp and dangerous probably needs to be on pitch earlier.
    Overall happy that we've won, still not sure about 433 and despair at our lack of cohesion, but of course new system and new team so we give it time. We won today against a far better team than we lost to last week.

Just checked the stats - Burton had only two shots on target and we had four. They can't really complain about the result

It's a funny old game innit?

We saw how Lincoln rode their luck against us but look at what they've done since. They are unbeaten, they've won all their games, are top of the league and they haven't conceded a single goal. I watched the Sunderland V Portsmouth game earlier on and on that evidence we've nothing to fear from either team, and in fact I thought that Pompey were the better side. Their passing was brilliant at times, but not in dangerous areas. If we keep on creating the chances then we've every chance of returning to the Championship at the first attempt. There are some big games to come this season, exciting games and I can't wait ...

Two brilliant results after last Saturday's set-back. Sounded like a controlled performance, although our missed chances could have cost us in the end. Think we will win more than we lose. Top ten maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Yes, there’s still a big question mark over how our defence is organised and coached, but hey it’s an away win and a clean sheet. What’s not to like?
    Grist I like you .But you are starting to sound like that repetive bloke who got banned.

Passing from both teams was poor today and their throw-ins so bad that the ref blew for two foul throws - can't remember seeing that in 50 years! We got stuck in though to win the ball back... And they didn't like it up 'em , especially Little Quinny , who was substituted in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Pocket rocket View Post
    Really think we need a defensive coach.
    Wood is past his best.
    3 lucky wins out of 4 games including 2 away wins.
    Warne clearly only knows how to buy injured players.

I think that covers everything.

I hope this is a piss take out of other users

top ten??

not good enough top 6 nothing else. that's not been all Wednesday either.

Paul Warne knows what it takes to get out of this league.

play bad and still win that's a sign of a team going up (i know it's early doors)

as a whole it's only going to better sure we will lose and play crap but as a whole we will be up there.

question is can we keep hold of Paul Warne

Warne can see a team like portsmouth sacking Kenny jackett half way through the season if he is not doing what they expect and come after warne

Warne out simple as!

Can't get the strikers to score, if at all and certainly not today.

3 points off an own goal........I can only see mid table or relegation.

WTF am I saying?

2 away wins on the bounce.

3 points no matter how we played

Own goal ala Lincoln over us so we'll take our share thank you.

Warne is king.....up to now.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast