+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Burton Albion Post Match Thoughts

Just seen highlights and Wood dove in to give the ref a decision to make.

But 3 points and not playing well is champions form. Match fitness is getting there and with our attacking players someone will get a good stuffing from us....Bury would have been nice but we'll just have to wait.

Bet my son a sausage roll another CB won't get over the line.

Thats an excellent 3 points away from home so well done to the team.

Wasn't able to make it today but read a few reports and seen highlights and it would seem that we won ugly. But thats what we need, and I think against a well organised squad like Burton it's absolutely essential.

Reports suggest we rode our luck at times, but we've had our share of bad luck so once in a while it's nice things can go our way. Stats suggest an even game with us having more on target. BBC report suggest Wood gave away a clear cut penalty but ref said no? Any thoughts?

Two tough away league fixtures and two wins, it's a good start. We've said all we need to about the Lincoln game, with hindsight it's looking like a very good lesson was learned there so lets keep building on that.

UTM

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    CT, easy on. You’ll have IBS on your case for praising Wood.
    LOL, Brin! I'm riding my luck there, I know, but I'll take my chances with IBS!

Actually I'm being careful with my comments here - given the very close call on the penalty which was down to Wood. I didn't say he played well; my comment was that when he plays, his experience and wiliness can be very helpful. That was his contribution today. In League One he can generally organise effectively and give the back line confidence. His lack of speed and creativity didn't cause major problems (except perhaps the near penalty, of course, but on balance he was definitely a net contributor in my book.)

Another day, another Ref then Wood might have cost us the game

Tbh I was surprise by the lack of cards from the Ref, he gave about nine and sent Yates off in his first two opening games of this season so I’d say we were lucky the the amount of fouls we apparently gave.

The Lino was useless for both sides, stick he got from Millers in the seats
    Last edited by millertop; 18-08-2019 at 06:58 AM.

Name:  0859BC80-309E-4F4C-ABBD-615ED4CBB1AB.jpg
Views: 542
Size:  29.0 KB

I don't know why but I thouroughly enjoyed that game.

It was everything that division 3 football has always been and it was great. The pace of the game and the speed of which the oposition is pressing gives you a little bit of a nervous stomach.

All of our players seemed to be worserer than last season but that's not down to them it's down to the oposition and the amount of time they have on the ball. The shooting was at times fantastic and sometimes woeful but how many times did the wood work get struck? how many good saves were there?

I thought that our defence played well yesterday especially Icky who seems to be growing in stature.

The midfield was packed with energy with Wiles and Crooks. Barbaser had a better game but how impressive was Lindsay when he came on? This is going to be the strongest midfield in the league. Wiles I must say was full of running and when he was asked to man mark Quin he showed that he was capapble of doing that job however you could see that Quin had the first half a yard in his thought which gave him an edge until Wiles got to grips with it and thereafter Quin had no effect on the game.
    Crooks looks like he's grown in bulk! what an engine and what strength what a player we have there.

The forruds played well as a three. They supported each other really well and forged out some good chances but alas neither of them scored with the most likely to do so being Vassell. I think Freddy was a bit out of sorts and got a bit côcky which effected his game.Smith did better wth his control and was able to draw defenders.

They had to work hard to lose 1-0 yesterday because on another day that couls have been 3 or 4.

Still some work to do but the keeper will have the back four playing in front of him with confidence quicker than we could hope for.

It's going to be a long hard season but you can see that this team is going to do well and it'll get stronger and stronger as the weeks go by.

Great 3 points!!!

I would like to add that the commentary was making some of the chances for us sound easier than what they were.

Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post
    LOL, Brin! I'm riding my luck there, I know, but I'll take my chances with IBS!

Actually I'm being careful with my comments here - given the very close call on the penalty which was down to Wood. I didn't say he played well; my comment was that when he plays, his experience and wiliness can be very helpful. That was his contribution today. In League One he can generally organise effectively and give the back line confidence. His lack of speed and creativity didn't cause major problems (except perhaps the near penalty, of course, but on balance he was definitely a net contributor in my book.)
    Just seen the EFL on Quest highlights and the pundits suggested that Wood was our rock in defence. Think we were fortunate not to have the penalty given against us though!

Just seen the penalty incident, and I've seen where Nigel Clough said that if that's not a penalty then they won't get one all season, and after seeing it I totally agree with him as for me it's a stonewaller. It's nice for the luck to go our way for a change, and fine margins change games, with all the new signings it will take a little while to gel properly but the start we have had gives me a lot of confidence. UTM

The Brewers had a big penalty shout waved away when Scott Fraser was caught by Millers captain Richard Wood.

And grappling a player down who got his shot off late on v Shrewsbury.

Bench at best and coaching perhaps...Sadly PW rates him highly so CB crossing the line is a dubious wish.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast