+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Burton Albion Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    I don't know why but I thouroughly enjoyed that game.

It was everything that division 3 football has always been and it was great. The pace of the game and the speed of which the oposition is pressing gives you a little bit of a nervous stomach.

All of our players seemed to be worserer than last season but that's not down to them it's down to the oposition and the amount of time they have on the ball. The shooting was at times fantastic and sometimes woeful but how many times did the wood work get struck? how many good saves were there?

I thought that our defence played well yesterday especially Icky who seems to be growing in stature.

The midfield was packed with energy with Wiles and Crooks. Barbaser had a better game but how impressive was Lindsay when he came on? This is going to be the strongest midfield in the league. Wiles I must say was full of running and when he was asked to man mark Quin he showed that he was capapble of doing that job however you could see that Quin had the first half a yard in his thought which gave him an edge until Wiles got to grips with it and thereafter Quin had no effect on the game.
    Crooks looks like he's grown in bulk! what an engine and what strength what a player we have there.

The forruds played well as a three. They supported each other really well and forged out some good chances but alas neither of them scored with the most likely to do so being Vassell. I think Freddy was a bit out of sorts and got a bit côcky which effected his game.Smith did better wth his control and was able to draw defenders.

They had to work hard to lose 1-0 yesterday because on another day that couls have been 3 or 4.

Still some work to do but the keeper will have the back four playing in front of him with confidence quicker than we could hope for.

It's going to be a long hard season but you can see that this team is going to do well and it'll get stronger and stronger as the weeks go by.

Great 3 points!!!
    Wouldn’t say all players are worse Frog, half weren’t here last season
    Crooks seems to be covering too much ground in Midfielder, three strikers up front and none scored
    Three isn’t working in Midfielder for me so I still stand by the formation isn’t working even if we win.
    Smith either needs to be central, one of two up front formation or dropped to bench.
    Last edited by millertop; 18-08-2019 at 12:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EasyAndEarly View Post
    The Brewers had a big penalty shout waved away when Scott Fraser was caught by Millers captain Richard Wood.

And grappling a player down who got his shot off late on v Shrewsbury.

Bench at best and coaching perhaps...Sadly PW rates him highly so CB crossing the line is a dubious wish.
    Fair points regarding the penalty shout and the grappling incident at Tuesday. Seems we got lucky and thats something we certainly can't rely on.

Any comments or thoughts on Quest pundit Sam Parkin describing Wood's performance yesterday as "colossal in defence?" High praise for Olusunde too.
    Last edited by DaveyJohn; 18-08-2019 at 12:41 PM. Reason: many typos!

Lindsay's delivery from the corners was the by best we've had this season, need to get him in the team for set pieces.

Clough is going frantic about penalty and can't blame him. Woods (at this level) should walk through a game - but he gets caught by speed and jumps in or grabs out at players. Four games in and two obvious incidents. We've all been there - brain 5 yards in front body 6 yards behind. Organising others ok but at Burton there were a few 6 yard box chances that Burton should have converted. We need to have a sharp CH to eradicate these easy chances. Burton match the Millers rode our luck too many times. Needs sorting.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveyJohn View Post

Any comments or thoughts on Quest pundit Sam Parkin describing Wood's performance yesterday as "colossal in defence?" High praise for Olusunde too.
    Sam Parkin isn't far off the mark. Despite the penalty incident Richard Wood had an excellent game, blocked one first half, won most of his headers, cleared his lines quite a few times second half, had a player alongside him Icky ( my MotM ) who worked hard throughout the game.
    Olosunde is class and will only get better.

're the penalty - referee was in an excellent position to judge and fortunately it came down in our favour.
    In the past we've been on the end of some dubious penalty decision and some soft penalties.

We've got to start enjoying our wins lads and lasses. We're so used to losing and finding someone to blame that that has taken over from finding the better things of footballand the players in our team. Each game is going to be difficult, hard work and most games will come down to who's the bravestist.

Woods will have his feet up knowing he skippered a winning side.

Feels great to win games!

Exactly Frog, do we have to pick holes in an away victory, when we lose again people on here will implode.

Woods is so good we don't need to address this position. Longevity is a function of bull 5hit propaganda. The chances that fall into our box unguarded are worryingly frequent.

To get better - to aim above midtable mediocrity - we need to build a team from the back for the future.

The club propagandists are falling over themselves to cover Wood obvious shortfalls and mistakes.

I bet my son a sausage roll that NO CH will be available although we tried our best and he was a good person.....but he wasn't Warne's best mate.

The MM and Wood brigade don't see a problem....I hope you're right.

But considering we'll not be relegated TS will be satisfied with another league one stay....and we'll all be happy with that....one big happy family but no cigar with this attitude.

Unbelievable Jeff.

Think I'll get my sausage roll.

Why don't they just say we're satisfied and be honest about it so the fans can see the level of ambition the club have.

Hope I'm paying for the sausage roll but I don't bet without a bit of thought even if the bets a sausage roll....Reading between the lines the club's propaganda machine is preparing us for a CB no show - when we needed a headliner CB to match our ambition.

Pw agrees with you in that we need cover at CH
    We've agreed salary for a player from a higher level so hopefully he will excel in div one
    He's a free transfer so Uncle Tone,s grandkids inheritance has not taken a pounding
    Pw has said the player has passed the Mr Nice test on Friday.
    We,ve won 3 out of four and three away games in two weeks.
    What's the problem?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast