+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Burton Albion Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by fc_miller View Post
    Lindsay's delivery from the corners was the by best we've had this season, need to get him in the team for set pieces.
    Lindsay looked sharp when he came on, very combative. By playing him down the right hand side it gave us another outlet and allowed Matt Olosunde to play deeper and defend more at a time we were under the cosh.
    Hopefully we can see more of this lad as the season progresses.

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Pw agrees with you in that we need cover at CH
    We've agreed salary for a player from a higher level so hopefully he will excel in div one
    He's a free transfer so Uncle Tone,s grandkids inheritance has not taken a pounding
    Pw has said the player has passed the Mr Nice test on Friday.
    We,ve won 3 out of four and three away games in two weeks.
    What's the problem?
    I think in E&E's case it's called OCD. First it was AS now it's Richard Wood. Either that or in a former life he lived under a bridge tormenting The Three Billy Goats Gruff.

Think some don’t get the title of the thread

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    I think in E&E's case it's called OCD. First it was AS now it's Richard Wood. Either that or in a former life he lived under a bridge tormenting The Three Billy Goats Gruff.
    3 away wins on the bounce and he's still banging on with his "if we do we do......" quote. Must be double figures now. More irritating than piles and ruining the board - again.

He made a grandstand exit calling people "aresoles" whatever that is. Leaving because of his mental health problems apparently. Good to come clean about it but hardly a bombshell. That exit lasted about 5 minutes.

He claims he was on a coaching course with Mel Stirling. She's an author but apparently into footie as well. She obviously didn't help him with his English.

Had a gripe about the "three omegos" up front whatever that means.

100% pi55ed off with him now. He has some serious issues. Nobody normal goes on and on and on and on like he does.

Use the ignore icon wrinkly, even temporarily. It works a treat.

I try to give credit where it’s due, whether he likes it or not Richard Wood had a decent game at Burton along with quite a few others in defence.

We missed quite a few chances and our back line still looks dodgy and we will not keep many clean sheets this season unless we improve. We rode our luck a little but a win is a win so well done to the lads.

What the hell is all this about Wood! He was superb on Saturday as were all the back 5. He got my MOM award above Icky, but Olosunde, Robertson and iversen also played well against dangerous opposition. No point keep going on about a penalty that wasn't or a thing that happened at Shrewsbury when its very convenient to not mention that he also scored in that game. Over 95 minutes I think they only had 1 free header in the box which was well saved by Iversen.

Many on here admit that Lincolns win at NYS was a good away performance. If right, then so was the Millers on Saturday. Only thing missing was the second goal and we had a couple of chances for that. Still early days and we have two away wins in the league. It may be that 433 will work better away because teams have a need to try and attack more at home. In that case maybe the diamond formation employed in the second half may work better at home. Would like to see Lindsay given a start as he looks pretty useful from the little I have seen. The pass to Vassell was superb and deserved a goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Galley On View Post
    What the hell is all this about Wood! He was superb on Saturday as were all the back 5. He got my MOM award above Icky, but Olosunde, Robertson and iversen also played well against dangerous opposition. No point keep going on about a penalty that wasn't or a thing that happened at Shrewsbury when its very convenient to not mention that he also scored in that game. Over 95 minutes I think they only had 1 free header in the box which was well saved by Iversen.

Many on here admit that Lincolns win at NYS was a good away performance. If right, then so was the Millers on Saturday. Only thing missing was the second goal and we had a couple of chances for that. Still early days and we have two away wins in the league. It may be that 433 will work better away because teams have a need to try and attack more at home. In that case maybe the diamond formation employed in the second half may work better at home. Would like to see Lindsay given a start as he looks pretty useful from the little I have seen. The pass to Vassell was superb and deserved a goal.
    Well done Galley when you mentioned on another thread about starting Richard Wood rather than bring Mattock back into the side.
    I take back what I said about not being fussed about playing Robertson at LB.
    All across the backline performed well and make no mistake Burton are a good side. This game could have ended up 4-3 to us if both sides had taken their chances.
    Have to agree about Lindsay as well, hopefully a lot more to come from this lad.

Just been watching the highlights - we should have scored three or four, so Cloughie can't really complain.

Robertson looked fine defending, but passes and crosses were not brilliant, although nobody else was much better

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast