+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Attention seeking multis

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Waring View Post
    Brin, no I'm not on facebook. I'm a bit confused by Millersmad and I think I will just stick to the Pick 5 Comp. When I first came on suddenly mikemiller decided he didn't like me and that I was really someone called kempo or monty - I forget which. Then rolymiller weighed in in a simialr vein, apparently because my politics didn't fit his bill. Yesterday I put up a thread about favourite sayings. PokersMillerSwinton responded with some slavering crap about attention seeking multis. Yet not one Millersmad member ever said "Hold on, that's not right, that's not a way to attract new members." You are definitely a clique and as soon as I stand up for myself you all suddeenly jump in. To be honest it's pathetic. I'll just do the Pick 5 and you lads can carry on with your love in.
    If you're that sensitive Paul then MM might not be the place for you. I wouldn't call it a clique but bull****ters are certainly called to order. As moderators we are damned if we do and damned if we don't censor posts/posters. We could go like other message boards and place all posts in quarantine until they have been read and approved but in doing that we'd have to close the board except for maybe an hour a day/2-3 hours on match days.

First off all i apologise if your not a multi you have to understand we have had the same people logging in with many different accounts on the wind up. I looked at your user name and thought it was a bit fishy .Maybe by introducing your self before just posting would have helped. 2nd its not a clique i only know a couple of people off here personally and i have been posting for years .I cannot vouch for other people though. It does get a bit hostile on here sometimes when politics and stuff gets brought up ,you have to realise not everybody has the same tastes i tend to keep out of those convos and keep it fottie based . The mods do a decent job, and we did have a card system but it hasn't been needed lately. You should give it another shot now we no your legit .

Just get over it and ignore them.

Some think or did think I was another poster/s but that’s their problem

To be honest, Paul is clearly a multi but I couldn't care less. Just see it as the same person and they're welcome to contribute for me. Teks all sorts dunnit?

Brin, no I'm not on facebook. I'm a bit confused by Millersmad and I think I will just stick to the Pick 5 Comp. When I first came on suddenly mikemiller decided he didn't like me and that I was really someone called kempo or monty - I forget which. Then rolymiller weighed in in a simialr vein, apparently because my politics didn't fit his bill. Yesterday I put up a thread about favourite sayings. PokersMillerSwinton responded with some slavering crap about attention seeking multis. Yet not one Millersmad member ever said "Hold on, that's not right, that's not a way to attract new members." You are definitely a clique and as soon as I stand up for myself you all suddeenly jump in. To be honest it's pathetic. I'll just do the Pick 5 and you lads can carry on with your love in.
    It doesn't matter how many times you change the user name Certain phrases crop up in most of your moans. Very transparent m8. How's the new IP address ? Any conflicts?

I’m upset he won’t accept me as a friend 😩

Since I started posting on Millersmad I have found most other members welcoming and friendly. However, four or five posters have been aggressive, rude and nasty.
    The reasons for this poor behaviour seem two-fold. Firstly, I am accused of being too prolific and attention seeking. Let me just say in my defence that at least two of my accusers are far more prolific than I. As to "attention seeking" everybody who posts on social media is seeking attention and if they deny it they are fooling no one but themselves.
    Secondly, several posters seem confused as to the meaning of "multi". This term is quite new and there is little consensus but if you research it you will see that it usually means a person (most often a player in online gaming) who operates multiple accounts simultaneously under different user names in order to gain an advantage.
    So, could I ask those posters (and they know damn well who they are) to state since I started posting on Millersmad precisely what other username am I simultaneously operating under? Not airy, fairy bullshine but the username and the dates that I postedunder that name and also as Paul Waring.
    Finally, as I posted last week, several of my accusers have a track record of accusing other posters - usually ones they disagree with politically - of being multis so could they please present evidence. Evidence not just Mikemillers string of names. Otherwise please shut the f*ck up.
    MillersMad has always given a warm welcome to new members. This is mainly due to the people who have opened accounts just to stir things up. Most of them have been harmless if a little annoying.

The thing with Monte and Kempo is that they have been outed as multies and have had accounts blocked. We do let people back on after bans but under a different user names. They are quickly found out and are reminded of their past obsessions or misdemeanors.

CAM and I do keep as close an eye on things as we can but as we do this moderating freely we can't really look at every post that is posted on every thread. There is a notification icon on the top of the page if you want to flag anything. We do respond to them but it may take a day or two.

Hi Mandy.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    I’m upset he won’t accept me as a friend 😩
    Perhaps you would have better luck asking wendun for a meet up and a walk round East Herringthorpe.😝

"I wouldn't call it a clique but bull****ters are certainly called to order"

That should be on Friday night joke post !

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast