+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Attention seeking multis

OT: Attention seeking multis

Since I started posting on Millersmad I have found most other members welcoming and friendly. However, four or five posters have been aggressive, rude and nasty.
    The reasons for this poor behaviour seem two-fold. Firstly, I am accused of being too prolific and attention seeking. Let me just say in my defence that at least two of my accusers are far more prolific than I. As to "attention seeking" everybody who posts on social media is seeking attention and if they deny it they are fooling no one but themselves.
    Secondly, several posters seem confused as to the meaning of "multi". This term is quite new and there is little consensus but if you research it you will see that it usually means a person (most often a player in online gaming) who operates multiple accounts simultaneously under different user names in order to gain an advantage.
    So, could I ask those posters (and they know damn well who they are) to state since I started posting on Millersmad precisely what other username am I simultaneously operating under? Not airy, fairy bullshine but the username and the dates that I postedunder that name and also as Paul Waring.
    Finally, as I posted last week, several of my accusers have a track record of accusing other posters - usually ones they disagree with politically - of being multis so could they please present evidence. Evidence not just Mikemillers string of names. Otherwise please shut the f*ck up.

Alice in Wonderland syndrome

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    Alice in Wonderland syndrome
    I rest my case.

'Paul', are you on facebook? If so will you accept me as a friend?

I've found your posts polite, friendly etc and don't see you as a multi.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post

Haha

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post

Brin, no I'm not on facebook. I'm a bit confused by Millersmad and I think I will just stick to the Pick 5 Comp. When I first came on suddenly mikemiller decided he didn't like me and that I was really someone called kempo or monty - I forget which. Then rolymiller weighed in in a simialr vein, apparently because my politics didn't fit his bill. Yesterday I put up a thread about favourite sayings. PokersMillerSwinton responded with some slavering crap about attention seeking multis. Yet not one Millersmad member ever said "Hold on, that's not right, that's not a way to attract new members." You are definitely a clique and as soon as I stand up for myself you all suddeenly jump in. To be honest it's pathetic. I'll just do the Pick 5 and you lads can carry on with your love in.

I find your posts interesting and intelligent.
    Keep it up.

I agree, it’s harmless.

Great stuff, best read ever

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Waring View Post
    Since I started posting on Millersmad I have found most other members welcoming and friendly. However, four or five posters have been aggressive, rude and nasty.
    The reasons for this poor behaviour seem two-fold. Firstly, I am accused of being too prolific and attention seeking. Let me just say in my defence that at least two of my accusers are far more prolific than I. As to "attention seeking" everybody who posts on social media is seeking attention and if they deny it they are fooling no one but themselves.
    Secondly, several posters seem confused as to the meaning of "multi". This term is quite new and there is little consensus but if you research it you will see that it usually means a person (most often a player in online gaming) who operates multiple accounts simultaneously under different user names in order to gain an advantage.
    So, could I ask those posters (and they know damn well who they are) to state since I started posting on Millersmad precisely what other username am I simultaneously operating under? Not airy, fairy bullshine but the username and the dates that I postedunder that name and also as Paul Waring.
    Finally, as I posted last week, several of my accusers have a track record of accusing other posters - usually ones they disagree with politically - of being multis so could they please present evidence. Evidence not just Mikemillers string of names. Otherwise please shut the f*ck up.
    I note that you stress "simultaneously". Does this mean that you have previously posted under another username? Not that there's anything wrong with that, I'm just curious

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast