+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What Miller Never Reached Their Full Potential

Quote Originally Posted by Karl998yr View Post
    Interesting read on Stephen alabi
    Did this lad ever play for anyone?

A lot of these are "career cut short by injury"... add Chris Hudson (right back) and Richard Finney to the list

Gilbert Bos. With the right coach, he could have become a world beater.

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    Will Hoskins
    I'd say he played at the highest level he could, at a young age too. Didn't cut it in the Premier League but had a steady career in the championship for a number of years.

Reuben Reid.
    Would probably fail Warnies Good Human Being test, the moody, sulky, brooding Reid turned out to be a one season wonder and we had him for that one season.
    After a number of impressive powerful displays and a decent goal tally to his name in League 2, it looked like he was going places. West Brom took him for around £600k but he failed to make an impact and gradually dropped back down to L2 via a number of clubs.
    Last I heard he was still useful at that level but really could have been so much more.

Bugsy the mascot never seemed to reach the heights to which he aspired.

Name:  6812_big.jpg
Views: 994
Size:  42.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Hazza Has A Gazza View Post
    I'd say he played at the highest level he could, at a young age too. Didn't cut it in the Premier League but had a steady career in the championship for a number of years.
    Yes agree. Just looked at his wiki page. Hes 33 now. It was a quick rise. But he didnt have the solid career his talent suggested the past 10 years from when he left Watford at age 23.

Paddy Brogan.

Quote Originally Posted by EasyAndEarly View Post
    Shaun Goodwin.....

I was in a meeting when a fellow Miller came in to anounce Shaun Goodwin was destined for EVERTON. It never happened - but he had great potential.

After that the pleasures of life overtook him and his potential was never realised.
    Yes I remember Shaun Goodwin well and his short term trial at Everton. Other managers were also looking at him. A shame any move didn’t materialise, he could well have done it at an higher level.
    Raggy liked a bet or two, when old man Booth sent the wages up to Millmoor in cash as soon as Raggy got his he was straight in the bookies, high stakes as well.

I always thought Micky Gooding could have been a very good player,Vaulks reminded me bit of Gooding.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast