+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What Miller Never Reached Their Full Potential

What Miller Never Reached Their Full Potential

Firstly I'll apologise because I know we've probably done this before.. However I was having a pint earlier after a good win and was thinking about this.

I'm going to put up Andy Monkhouse. I remember him being absolutely awesome for a spell in what was the Championship level at the time. I'm sure we played Wimbledon at home one Tuesday night and he was unplayable and it followed another immense performance on the Saturday before, think it was Crewe but I'm not certain.

I honestly thought he was going to go a long way and play at the highest level but he never made it. He had a very good career so I can't be too harsh but think he could have and had the potential to do much better.

Another obvious lad would be Raggy, who definitely should have played at a higher level than he did.

Who's your pick (s).

Paul Dillon

Who was that kid who made his first team debut for us when he was about 15/16 back in the late 80s early 90s. Can't remember his name but he was highly regarded and just seemed to disappear without a trace

Quote Originally Posted by Karl998yr View Post
    Who was that kid who made his first team debut for us when he was about 15/16 back in the late 80s early 90s. Can't remember his name but he was highly regarded and just seemed to disappear without a trace
    Steve Alabi??

He was never any good tbf and was 26 when playing for the under 18's ffs lol.

Interesting read on Stephen alabi

Shaun Goodwin.....

I was in a meeting when a fellow Miller came in to anounce Shaun Goodwin was destined for EVERTON. It never happened - but he had great potential.

After that the pleasures of life overtook him and his potential was never realised.

King Ronnie. Good player, decent manager, but enough charisma to earn far more as a TV pundit, to be fair.

Will Hoskins

Quote Originally Posted by Hazza Has A Gazza View Post
    Paul Dillon
    Paul retired early through injury.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast