+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The only boy to ask is Shedka!.

The only boy to ask is Shedka!.

Met a guy at work the other day mate who reminded me of yet another story on my long journey with the Terrors.

It was at Dens in the 80's i think and their chairman was Angus Cook,i was in the AuldHunStand and we were leading 2-0 at halftime.At the end of the break Angus came up from the bowels to approach his seat in the directors box and i shouted,"Hey Angus" and opened my denim jacket to show him my Tangerine shirt,he was not impressed and demanded the stewards to throw me out.
    As they tried to remove me fellow Arabs intervened but Angus then demanded the police to help them and i was thrown out.I was having a great day and had a big bet on the United win so i decided to pay in again this time in the TC Keay end in plenty of time to see United's 3rd goal in what i think was a 3-0 victory.
    Neither me nor the boy could remember the year and i am hoping you can maybe SHED some light on the subject,i left the army in 1985 and am certain it was after that,to be honest mate i cannot even remember who scored the goals which further cloud's my judgement.

I ken it was for Shedka Gunboat , but I reckon it was September 1988. Pattelainen 2 and Gallagher in a 3 nil romp. I remember that game as I watched it with one eye. Had got a bit of metal in it previous day and been to hospital to get it removed . So had to wear patch for a few days untill the eye healed.
    Also think it was the first time on the Angus Arabs bus.
    Pointless info I know.😁

I
    Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Met a guy at work the other day mate who reminded me of yet another story on my long journey with the Terrors.

It was at Dens in the 80's i think and their chairman was Angus Cook,i was in the AuldHunStand and we were leading 2-0 at halftime.At the end of the break Angus came up from the bowels to approach his seat in the directors box and i shouted,"Hey Angus" and opened my denim jacket to show him my Tangerine shirt,he was not impressed and demanded the stewards to throw me out.
    As they tried to remove me fellow Arabs intervened but Angus then demanded the police to help them and i was thrown out.I was having a great day and had a big bet on the United win so i decided to pay in again this time in the TC Keay end in plenty of time to see United's 3rd goal in what i think was a 3-0 victory.
    Neither me nor the boy could remember the year and i am hoping you can maybe SHED some light on the subject,i left the army in 1985 and am certain it was after that,to be honest mate i cannot even remember who scored the goals which further cloud's my judgement.
    Gunboat for a man who seems to like Facts , when are you gonna get your Facts right and stop calling the stand at dens the ald hun stand , the ald hun stand was knocked down and replaced with the current stand around the early 1920s
    And that is real Fact , but then you’ve never minded Sh1te information get in the way of Facts

If it's not the one duke has said above then the only other 3-0 win in that time period at dens was Nov 1985 but we weren't 2-0 up at half time
    https://www.arabarchive.co.uk/matchdetails.php?id=934

Thanks boys the board has been down today and i was trying to reply to Duke this morning without success.We scored our 3rd into the TC Keay end that i entered after Angus had me ejected from the AuldHunStand.

Quote Originally Posted by num1adi View Post
    I
    Gunboat for a man who seems to like Facts , when are you gonna get your Facts right and stop calling the stand at dens the ald hun stand , the ald hun stand was knocked down and replaced with the current stand around the early 1920s
    And that is real Fact , but then you’ve never minded Sh1te information get in the way of Facts
    Here's a FACT for you. Papped oot the cup and on Utd Mad within minutes.

Tormented.

T
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrennixon View Post
    Here's a FACT for you. Papped oot the cup and on Utd Mad within minutes.

Tormented.
    First 5 topics on yenitit mad as I write are about Dee ,
    So I ask you which set of fans are tormented?

United fan having a laugh to the Funsters is being tormented??

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)