+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: V Everton...rd time lucky

We can't be too upset if we loose. I can only see us getting better each week that passes. Players need to gel and get used to the premier league. We need to find our best 11 asap.

I would say that some changes are needed, i would bring Conor in and drop EliG. Bolster that midfield and push Jack further up field??

To be honest I'm not a huge fan of either Elghazi or Connor. Both decent back up if you ask me.
    We're missing Connors free kicks but appart from that looks a bit invisible if you ask me. I wonder if Deano is giving the players from last season the opportunity to earn the right to ware the shirt.

I find myself agreeing with Bongo (gulp) here. Neither are consistent enough. CH’s conversion rate is poor. Yes when he gets it right, it’s amazing. But he squanders so many free kicks over a season. We had a fabulous opportunity against Spurs in the first half, out on the left. Straight into the wall. He’s our worst tackler/free kick culprit and has zero pace. He just runs behind players then legs em up.

EG is a hindrance for 7/8 games then goes all Messi on us for 15 minutes. Drop the sentiments, drop em both, we need consistency. I don’t think that they are sh1te, just not good enough, or up to the pace and power of PL.

By the way, I do like em both, but there is no place for sentimental picks in this league.

Great minds Eh Exiled.
    What would your team be?

Quote Originally Posted by bongosdad View Post
    Great minds Eh Exiled.
    What would your team be?
    I’d lean towards Dave’s team in the OP, with a question mark over CH. I’m not anti CH, he has attributes, but I’d rather him as an impact type of sub, for the reasons that I mentioned in my last post. It’s all about his consistency, he must surely be due one decent delivery soon.

Maybe as Sam mentioned in using Nakamba or even Konsa in midfield, as he’s played there before. Unfortunately, I think the FBs will stay the same.

For me?

Heaton

Guilbert (DS seems to prefer Elmo)
    Engels
    Mings
    Targett (DS again fancies Taylor)

Douglas/Lansbury
    Nakamba

SJM
    Jack

Trez
    Wes

Jack and SJM dropping into a midfield 4 when we’re not in possession. Maybe too soon for Nakamba AND Douglas to start together. Why keep Lansbury, if we’re not gonna use him?

DS says Nakamba's not ready yet.

Bongo - how much of CH have you watched? He's become a much better player under Smith and has only played one game in this league against the CL finalists, he worked his socks off & did a lot to break up their play as they pressed us. Yet to see El Ghazi beat his man in the first 2 games and he doesn't work hard enough when we don't have the ball. So for me it's Smith's back 4 of choice, Luiz and the midfield of Conor, Jack and SJM with Trez making runs off big Wes.

To be fair westy very little.

Lineup:-

Heaton

Guilbert

Engels

Mings

Taylor

Luiz

McGinn

Grealish

Jota

Trezeguet

Wesley

Subs

Steer
    Lansbury
    Hourihane
    Konsa
    El Ghazi
    ElMohamady
    Davis

A huge well done to all our boys in claret and blue, with special congrats to Wesley and El Ghazi for their goals tonight.

Absolutely thrilled

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)