+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: V Everton...rd time lucky

V Everton...rd time lucky

3rd...

Getting in early with this one, feeling slightly more optermistic having watch the match in detail and listening to other forums, so no prediction but a game we must not lose, so hopefully no, penalties or deflected goals against us. I do feel however our 2 fullbacks should start and one small tweak in midfield to help support Wes, thats Hourihane.
    He can get forward and score while also comfortable across the middle.

Are you listening Deano, here's my Team;
    ................ Heaton
    .........Elgins........Mings
    Guilbert..................Targett
    ...................Luiz.......
    .....Hourihane......McGinn
    .................Grealish
    .....Trezequet.......Wesley

Quote Originally Posted by TrianonDave View Post
    3rd...

Getting in early with this one, feeling slightly more optermistic having watch the match in detail and listening to other forums, so no prediction but a game we must not lose, so hopefully no, penalties or deflected goals against us. I do feel however our 2 fullbacks should start and one small tweak in midfield to help support Wes, thats Hourihane.
    He can get forward and score while also comfortable across the middle.

Are you listening Deano, here's my Team;
    ................ Heaton
    .........Elgins........Mings
    Guilbert..................Targett
    ...................Luiz.......
    .....Hourihane......McGinn
    .................Grealish
    .....Trezequet.......Wesley
    That looks like a proper team. I'd be happy with that.

However, with non of our conceded goals coming from out wide, DS will probable keep the FBs that have the shirt now. He may also try to shore up the midfield to stop teams ploughing through the middle.

Shame really, as I think the team in the OP is more attacking and better balanced. We should play to our strengths, especially at home. Jack behind a front 2 (or 1).

Any news on Guilbert? Hasn't made the squad yet, and not in the sickbay with Chester and Hause.

Agree wholeheartedly with all of the above!

When Marvelous is fit I wonder if we will play with 2 holding midfielders?

Something like

Heaton

Guilbert
    Engles
    Mings
    Targett

Luiz
    Marvelous

Hourihane Grealish McGinn

Wesley

Quote Originally Posted by samhubball View Post
    When Marvelous is fit I wonder if we will play with 2 holding midfielders?

Something like

Heaton

Guilbert
    Engles
    Mings
    Targett

Luiz
    Marvelous

Hourihane Grealish McGinn

Wesley
    I can definitely see it away from home Sam. One or the other at home though, apart from when MC and LFC come to VP.

2-1 villa win

After two defeats this is a big game although let’s not push the panic button just yet.. a good win will do the players and us fans the world of good !

I’m going 2-0 n wesley gonna get em both

Confidence, hard to win and so easily lost - massive game, a draw will do.

I think we can, and will win. Keep it tight early doors, and win 2 or 3-1. Them scoring late on.

Jack and Wes to shine.

Jack needs to shine. This is his time and place and he is yet to hit the heights especially when compared to SJM. El G not really doing it for me. We’re kinda stuck with Wes for now so he needs to work out the Prem quickly. Fullbacks not doing much wrong but I would like to see something from our two new ones. Taylor gets dizzy when he passses the hallway line. I’m guessing Elmo is holding his place because of his experience and his connection with Trez but I’d like to have a look at Guilbert if only because he is in my fantasy team! Seem a bit lost from dead ball situations without Conor so Deano has to work that one out.

I’m still fairly positive though. We haven’t been taken apart and played some good stuff. Better discipline and finishing would see losses turn into wins. Hopefully on Friday! UTV.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)