+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bury and Bolton on the brink

Bury and Bolton on the brink

And Sky have a deadline countdown clock. Wish there was a deadline clock on Sky going bump.

Scandalous goings on at both clubs.

The Bury MP was seething on Radio 5Live tonight about Steve Dale the s h I t b a g owner.

Get this.........car parking spaces outside the ground sold on leases to “investors” in the Far East FFS.

C&N the company trying to buy Bury said it was such a tangled web they just couldn’t get to the bottom of things.

The company the ground is mortgaged to wouldn’t even get involved in discussions and some of the loans are at a 130% interest rate.

The MP described Dale as “wannabe Abramovich” just like too many idiots up and down our great game at ALL levels.

I wasn’t feeling this much sympathy for Bury when they beat us in that League Cup match in 77 though ☹️

This could be us in a few years if we don’t get rid of Lai.

So Bury have gone. The lower league clubs and players need to realise that large wages can't be paid out. It's reported that Bury's top earners were on 4 grand a week. £400 a week would be more realistic. That's a living wage and if the players are good enough they could move up the leagues and earn more.

Quote Originally Posted by rambaggie View Post
    This could be us in a few years if we don’t get rid of Lai.
    It could and most likely is many clubs today.......clubs are a lot like hospitals...they are there in the community, any community to give a service. They have always provided a part of the glue to make community life.Many on this forum having been saying this for quite some time now...cause many here are old enough to remember what community means.
    Outside of a number of elite clubs.... football is very diseased. Like Communism...like Capitalism...like banks....like politics...like society in general....it is all diseased...because of the pursuit of the love of money.....

I find it strange how the EFL have treated both clubs so differently, Bolton have been allowed to continue playing despite not paying anyone for months and playing youth team players in a man's league and getting beat every game yet Bury weren't allowed to play at all, Bolton were in debt even when they were in the prem.

Absolutely gutted for their fans that Bury have gone into liquidation and out of the league.

I have been following their and Bolton's plight closely, and hope the lillywhites survive.

There have been a lot of chancers who somehow magage to own football clubs despite these fit and proper tests.

Closer to home Hereford suffered a similar fate to Bury, and I hope Bury come back like they are trying to do.

We just have to hope this never happens to us!!!

Quote Originally Posted by holmleighchris View Post
    So Bury have gone. The lower league clubs and players need to realise that large wages can't be paid out. It's reported that Bury's top earners were on 4 grand a week. £400 a week would be more realistic. That's a living wage and if the players are good enough they could move up the leagues and earn more.
    In the Southern Premier League in which Stourbridge play our main striker left us to go to Nuneaton for £500 per week even though they were in severer financial trouble last season.

The striker we wanted to replace him ( James Roberts ) was at Hereford and chose to sign for Spennymoor in the division above us.

He got a £7k signing on fee,£700 a week and the club gave him a full time job!

All on gates if around 1000 so it’s a chairman/owner issue once again.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    In the Southern Premier League in which Stourbridge play our main striker left us to go to Nuneaton for £500 per week even though they were in severer financial trouble last season.

The striker we wanted to replace him ( James Roberts ) was at Hereford and chose to sign for Spennymoor in the division above us.

He got a £7k signing on fee,£700 a week and the club gave him a full time job!

All on gates if around 1000 so it’s a chairman/owner issue once again.
    Jesus Christ, I cannot believe those figures.

Some are blaming the premier league for all these problems, but I don't.

Clubs have always been mismanaged at all levels from Bristol City and their 10 year player contracts to Accrington Stanley.

If there was no Premier league there would still be badly run clubs.

To contrary a club I have always had a soft spot for (because their fans have truly suffered in the past) Man City should be given a lot of credit for letting Bury use their man city owned training ground for free and just maintain it.

But, the figures you mention Mick is non league so who knows what the likes of Bury were paying.

Furthermore, I think I read that this was the 3rd time Bury had been on the brink since 2002, so this time there was no saviour.

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieBlood View Post
    Jesus Christ, I cannot believe those figures.

Some are blaming the premier league for all these problems, but I don't.

Clubs have always been mismanaged at all levels from Bristol City and their 10 year player contracts to Accrington Stanley.

If there was no Premier league there would still be badly run clubs.

To contrary a club I have always had a soft spot for (because their fans have truly suffered in the past) Man City should be given a lot of credit for letting Bury use their man city owned training ground for free and just maintain it.

But, the figures you mention Mick is non league so who knows what the likes of Bury were paying.

Furthermore, I think I read that this was the 3rd time Bury had been on the brink since 2002, so this time there was no saviour.
    Some of their players were on £4K a week BB.

A friend of mine has taken over as manager of a West Midlands club at Step 6 in the pyramid.

I was asked last week if I fancied being chairman.

When I stopped laughing I politely reclined.

Actually I told him to F off.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)